Financing Options for Body Lift?

I had gastric bypass about 3 years ago and now am left with sagging skin. I want to get the body lift surgery but am scared that because I filed bankruptcy last year that I won't qualify. I don't have a co-signer either. Do I have options?

Financing for Surgery

Unfortunately, medical insurance probably won't cover these procedures and if you are unable to get a loan (or someone to co-sign for you), it may be difficult to have the procedures performed.  Maybe researching the teaching hospitals near your area to see if they have any options for you.

Best of Luck!

Financing for surgey

Unfortunately the inability to secure a loan because of previous bankruptcy is a problem for you.  Insurance does not usually scover this.

Bodylift Financing Options

Unfortunately, the insurance company will only provide medical necessity/coverage for a panniculectomy.  This is removal of the abdominal skin apron that hangs below the belly button.   A bodylift is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is not covered by health insurance.   If you are not a candidate for financing, you may consider approaching a teaching hospital or university medical center to have your procedure performed.

Paul S. Gill, MD

You can always try.....

Body lift surgery is not inexpensive but there are financing options to try. Some are office-based.

Good luck,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Insurance and Body Lift surgery after weight loss

The cost of body lift surgery is considered cosmetic in some situations and medical in others.  Speak to your insurance carrier about the requirements for body lift based on medical necessity. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Financing plastic surgery

There are quite a few finance companies out there. In today's economy, people with good credit are being denied financing. It is unlikely that with a bankruptcy you will be approved for financing.

I also would suggest going to a plastic surgery training program to have residents perform your operations.  

Irvin M. Wiesman, MD

Financing options for body lift and credit history

I'll try to be honest with you. Why would any financing company risk loaning you funds with your credit history? The risk is too great. Maybe go to a University Plastic Surgery training program for the surgery to be done with residents in training to save $'s. Regards.

Financing options

As Dr. Placik has said, you should call plastic surgeons who do alot of this surgery and see what they can suggest. You are in a tough spot though because of the bankruptcy in terms of being a good credit risk. The main thing the surgeon would need is to be paid entirely iup front and you then pay somebody else over time after the surgery.

Look for financing options on surgeon's websites

I would visit the websites of surgeons you would consider and search for their financing options online. Many of these complanies allow you to submit an application online as well. Alternatively, some, but not many, surgeons offer in-house financing

Cosmetic Surgery Financing

For many patients, cosmetic surgery would not be possible without some type of financing. For this reason, the vast majority of plastic surgeons offer some type of financing program. With the availability of this type of program, plastic surgeons don't typically take installment payments. They usually require full payment before surgery is performed.

In our practice, we almost exclusively utilize Care Credit. This is currently the most commonly used source of plastic surgery financing in the United States The company is run by GE capital financing. It's reputable and you can apply for a loan online. It takes approximately thirty minutes to get a response. In some cases, you may be able to get a twelve month interest free loan.

Financing is not for everyone, make sure you understand the fine print in your contract. Don't take on more than you can handle. At some point, you will have to repay the loan. It's important to have all your financing questions answered before proceeding with cosmetic surgery. In our office, we have financial consultants who can help you with this very important issue.