Ultherapy Laser worth the trouble?

I have read many mixed reviews about Ultherapy laser. Some say it is not worth the expense. As a 55 year old woman who has stayed out of the sun but does have normal aging on my neck would it make more sense to just wait and have a neck lift?

Ultherapy Resutls

Hi and thank you for your question!

Its hard to say without a picture if we would recommend Ultherapy for you. I can tell you we have had AMAZING results and NO complications or negative side effects with it here at our office. Just like any non-surgical device there is a range of results and some people seem to respond better than others. We have been performing this treatment multiple times a day for several years now and have seen suburb results (in ONE treatment) with very little to no downtime. We have never seen fat melting or any negative side effects at all. In fact, Ultherapy is one of the safest devices we use. Like anything, it must be used by experienced and very well trained providers (our NP and PA's are the only ones who perform Ultherapy in our office).  

Dr. Grant Stevens

Ultherapy for skin laxity is user dependent as well as patient dependent

This treatment can be excellent if 2 factors are to be carefully considered. Firstly you must be a candidate for this - namely it is good for mild to moderate skin laxity. Secondly the operator must be experienced to deliver the treatment. I suggest seeing a Board certified dermatologist or plastics for an opinion. See video for more on Ultherapy ultrasound. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ultherapy Laser

Since every patient is unique, Ultherapy may be great for some, but not so much for others. Consulting with a board-certified surgeon in your area is the best way to determine which treatment is best for you. Best of luck.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

How to predict results with Ultherapy

Ultherapy (focused ultrasound, not a laser) precisely deposits tiny dots of heat into the tissue layers under the skin, stimulating a healing response that builds new collagen and produces a lifting effect. The result is therefore based on the individual response.  Younger patients build better collagen and respond better to Ultherapy, which is why it is not a substitute for a facelift. The better the skin's elasticity, the better the response to Ultherapy. That cannot be determined without an individual exam.

Richard Baxter, MD

Facial Aging and Lasers, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Fat Injections/Sculptra, RF skin tightening, Ultherapy

Ultherapy is an excellent nonsurgcial way to clean up and tighten early sagging on the neck and jawline. I prefer to use it in combination with other therapies for optimal results. Please see an expert to find out if you are a good candidate. Best, Dr. Emer

Ulthera

Thank you for your question. For the best recommendation it would be very helpful to see a photograph if you feel comfortable showing at least your neck area. That being said, having performed many Ulthera treatments I can say it is one of the treatments that I truly stand by, and the results are predictably terrific. For those not looking to have surgery but want real noticeable tightening, Ulthera is the way to go. For an in- between treatment that is slightly more invasive, the ThermiTight can provide even more dramatic lifting.Results are going to vary depending on the person performing the treatment. I tailor my ulthera and ThermiTight depending on the patient, and I think this is why some may say their results were not so great --- it depends on how the treatment is performed. Hope this helps, good luck, Dr P.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy worth it?

Hello lfurnari,Thank you for sharing your question however in the absence of photos more specific thoughts are not possible. As a point of correction Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound waves to create the effects desired not a laser. Is it effective? Yes. However like any procedure whether it be surgical or non-surgical outcome will always be dependent on patient selection because all procedures (invasive/non-invasive) no matter how good they are have limitations. Thus many times a review or complaint that appear "negative" may be more related to something done that may exceed a specific treatments limitations or on the wrong patient thus leading to a negative review or outcome. Can the experience of the professional doing the procedure affect the outcome? Yes. This is true for any procedure surgical or non-surgical. Your best advice will come from an in person consultation with a professional who is well versed in both the surgical (neck lift/etc.) and non-surgical approaches to the concerns you have expressed with a very open conversation of your expectations; only then will you have the information you seek. Wishing you well.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Ultherapy Laser worth the trouble?

Thanks for your question and you need to have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn the truths about Ulthera and the other treatments out there that can help with tightening of the neck.  Ulthera works when done correctly and I think that some of the negatives come when people do not understand that it is a procedure that needs to be done by skilled people who understand the technology, and that the results occur over time, usually 3 months before the effects are totally seen.  Some think that at 2 weeks, if no results are seen, that the device did not work, which is not the case here. So Ultherapy is a great tightening procedure for laxed skin of the face and neck – so if this is the concern, this is what can help.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy

Since you did not post any pictures, its not possible to provide you with relevant advise. Given your description, I would suggest you have a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options. Ultherapy is not a LASER as it is ultrasound , not light based and it is unlikely to achieve your cosmetic goal.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy is helpful in the right setting

I agree with the others.  Also, it is important to have before and after pictures because the results are so gradual.  One of our staff members had the treatment done and thought it had not help.  We took pictures and she was amazed at the results after only 2 months.  Optimal results may not be seen for 6 months.  It also works well when combined with other treatments.  The combination with either Radiofrequency treatments or Poly-L-Lactic acid injections can provide an enhanced results.  I also agree that one should have realistic expectations.  Make sure that you know all your options.  I hope this helps.