Will a moderate profile smooth silicone look better for me than a high profile silicone? Please help me! (Photo)

I'm 28 years old and a mother of two children. I would like to know if I need a breast lift or just a breast argumentation would be enough. I saw a plastic surgeon last week he told me THAT I don't need a lift and he recommended me a round smooth silicone implant 400cc. My question is: will a moderate profile look better for me than a high profile silicone? Please help me! Thank you!

Moderate vs High Profile implants

The difference between the two is related to base width and projection measurements .Moderate profile implants have a larger base width than high profile implants with high profile implants having more projection than moderate profile. We select implants based on how your measurements( breast width) and your postoperative goals match up. 

You have what appears to be pseudo ptosis. This means that your nipple areola appears to be dropping below the fold of your breast. It has not ,however the volume of your breast has been displaced. There is loss of fullness of your upper breast and cleavage area. To treat this I would recommend a high profile implant to improve projection and upper breast pole fullness. This may require a larger implant. Of course This recommendation is based on photos alone and an in person consultation is required to give more accurate recommendations. Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon of your choice. Best Wishes. 

Moderate vs High Profile implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast implants

Thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, you don't appear to need a lift.  I think a high profile implant would give you a good result and might provide a slight lifting effect as well.  Having said this, one can only know this for sure with an in-person exam.  If you trust your surgeon, I would go with their recommendation.  If you still have reservations, I would discuss them with your surgeon to be sure that both of you are on the same page before proceeding with surgery.

Breast implants

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your photographs demonstrate a moderate amount of breast asymmetry.  Although breast augmentation surgery alone is possible, I would be concerned that you will be displeased with the ongoing asymmetry after breast augmentation surgery. A breast lift, of the lower breast will be helpful when it comes to improving symmetry.

Ultimately, which operation you should undergo (if any) will depend mainly on your personal goals. If I were seeing you in consultation, I would ask that you communicate these goals in terms of goal photographs and/or computer imaging.  

My best advice: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully, as discussed above. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Best breast implants for me?

Moderate vs. High Profile Breast Implants

For a given breast implant size (ccs or mls), each implant comes in different widths and profiles.  For instance, a low profile implant is flatter, wider, but with less projection.  A high profile has the most projection for the given size, but is also the most narrow in width.  The moderate profile is in between.  I agree that based on your photos you should do well with just a breast enlargement to correct the deflation that developed after pregnancy.  This will lift your breasts adequately, as your downward sagging is minimal.  The choice of which profile depends on the width of your breasts and the shape you are looking for:  that is, would you like a wider breast or do you want the new added fullness to stay within the width of your present breasts?  You should discuss these options with your surgeon.

Implant size

The best way to pick implant size is based on your breast and chest width and not the volume. As the implants get bigger, they get wider. When the width of the implant fits the width of your chest, it will look nice and fit your frame. If the implants are too small, you will have a gap between them and they may look too far apart. If they are too wide, they will make you look top heavy as they may be too wide and stick well out past the sides of your chest. There are ways to get a bigger or smaller look.This can be done by picking a different implant profile. The higher the profile, the narrower the base width of the implant. If someone has a very narrow chest and wants to be big, they should consider a higher profile implant. If someone has a broad chest and they do not want to be too big but want to avoid the gap and still have cleavage without projection, they should consider a lower profile implant such as a moderate. There are options in between these such as the moderate plus. I prefer the underarm approach so there is no scar on your breast. The new silicone is the only way to go as far a rippling as the new silicone ripples much less than saline, especially in the larger implants. I personally prefer the smooth round implants under the muscle placed through the under arm to give you the most natural look and feel. This also leaves you no scar on your breast.  Dr Scott Ennis - Plastic Surgeon – Destin and Miami , Fl

Implant size

Breast Lift verses Breast Enlargement

In order to answer your question it is important to know your goals. If you decide that you are happy with your cup size, then you would only need a breast lift. If you would like more fullness then you would need a lift with an implant. There are three types of breast lifts. A donut lift, which goes just around the nipple areolar complex. From your picture it appears that you would be a candidate for this type of lift. You would need a physical exam to confirm this. The other two lifts are called the lollipop lift and an anchor lift. The former goes around your areola and down your breast. The anchor lift is a lollipop lift with the addition of an incision in your breast fold. We have special breast sizers that you can place in a bra and get an idea of what the different size implants will look like on you. Next we measure the width of your breasts. Once we have theses answers then we can pick out your breast implant and profile. For the breast enlargement, I utilize the bloodless breast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery and recovery is quicker versus traditional techniques. For more information please watch the enclosed video. I hope you find this information useful.

Breast Lift verses Breast Enlargement

Lift

I think it depends on your goals.  400cc tends to be a large implant, and that will work fine if you desire that appearance.  The HP implant will give a rounder look.  A smaller implant might give a more natural appearance.  A lift may help to correct your asymmetry.

Lift

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation with a dual plane technique and likely can avoid a lift.  400cc is likely a good size for you.  The profile and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  
Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Breast augmentation

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Choosing the correct Implant for breast Augmentation..

Thank you for providing photos with your question. It is hard choosing between types of implants, so answering this question would be easier with an in-person examination. That said, 400cc seems to be a good size for you, and by looking at your photos I would think that high profile implants would work best. Your nipple position is good so you might not need a lift. But this will depend on what your expectations are. If you are looking for a more natural look then BA alone is the procedure for you. Please consider that your left breast is a little lower and wider then the right. If this is a concern, I feel a small donut lift could be an option and it would help make your breasts more symmetrical. In any case your results will likely be very good with or without a lift.

Best of luck on your procedure!

Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Best of luck on your procedure!

Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Tough question. Either style would be acceptable. Especially since the cm differences are so minor..