How long will this take to heal? (Photo)

So, i had a tummy tuck with liposuction of flanks and a breast lift with implants on 9/25, i developed necrosis to my tummy tuck site and had the area debrided by my plastic surgeon last week and now there is a gaping hole...I'm very concerned with it healing, how will this ever heal? Is there anything i should be doing differently? I am now putting Silverdene and packing it daily. long will this take to heal?

Necrosis post tummy

The first step is to clean/debride yourwoud to get clean healthy tissue.Once the wound is healed then the question is to do a wound vac or do you have a split thickness skin graft.It all dpends on the size of the wound and what option you and your surgeon pick.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

How long to heal?

It's difficult to gain a perspective of the true size of the wound based on these closeup photos.  However, this appears to be a rather large wound.  Likely several months will be needed to heal with simple dressings, wherein vacuum closure would take several weeks.  Also a determination can be made a some point in this healing process in regard to undermining of the surrounding tissue and re-closure of the wound.  The wound likely does not need to contract completely on it's own to be effectively and definitely surgically closed.  Wishing you the best.  Good luck.

Shayne Webb, MD

How long to heal?

I am sorry that you have had this complication.  Management of complications is very trying for patients.  However, you will heal given time.  There are several options that you might want to discuss with your surgeon.  Included in these are the use of vacuum assisted wound closure and revision surgery.  You should also maintain good nutrition and if you smoke, you should stop now to help with healing.  Finally, there is no way to know how long it will take for you to heal since everyone is different.  But from experience, it always takes longer than patients want.  

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Hard to tell from pics

Back the camera up so it shows some perspective and you may get better advice.  Getting back to healthy tissue is important, but really hard to tell how big of a an issue we are dealing with. Slow and steady wins the race.  Just stay on top of keeping it clean and it will heal in due time.

It will take up to 3 months to heal

Your surgeon is taking care of wound and you can see area of the granulation. The use of Wound Vac will help to decrease the time for healing. You will be fine and you surgeon can do scar revision when all healed.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

How long will this take to heal?

See the area of defect quite easily. Without a wound van system just allowing self healing will take 3 months minimum. With wound van might decrease time by a month. I might recommend 3 sessions of PRP + AFSC infusions to speed up healing. This is very expensive though.. 

The photo is so close up that there are no landmarks to help judge how large this area is. If this is an inch of separation, it will be much faster than if it is six weeks. On the post-debridement photo it appears that there may be more non-viable tissue in need of further debridement. 

Your surgeon who can see the progress will be a better source of prediction than those of us seeing the photos over the internet. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.