I want to have a large facial mole removed. However, I am concerned with healing time. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am about to start my career as a nurse and do not want any potential infectious organisms from patients to affect my healing or cause a facial deformity. Also, I want to speak to several plastic surgeons before making a decision. What is the policy most plastic surgeons have regarding showing before and afters for this type of surgery? Many websites do not show this type of before and after. Thank you!

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

I suggest seeing an expert this can be removed in the office and there are many options depending on the type of mole. Best, Dr. Emer

Facial mole removal

It appears that the mole on your face is raised.  If that is the case, it could be removed by shaving it off.  The potential downside to this is that some pigment could remain although it would be flat.  The other option would be to excise the mole completely.  This would require sutures and you ideally would be left with a thin, flat, linear scar.  In most cases, the scar would be less noticeable than the mole.  Mole removal is a fairly minor procedure for a plastic surgeon so it is possible that some surgeons would not have before and after pictures for this procedure.  Most surgeons would have before and after pictures for bigger procedures such as facelifts and eyelid surgery.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon