I chipped the inside of the back molar. The dentist put a cap on it, and I have a large gap at gum line. Can it be sealed?

I can take a piece of dental floss the whole way across the inside of the tooth about 1/4 of the way under the cap at the gum line.I am very worried about it decaying. It was just put on 2 days ago. Can it be sealed? or must the new cap be removed and replace or re cemented??

Large gap at gumline

If there is a space at the point where the crown meets the tooth  your crown will need to be remade. I suggest returning to your dentist and letting them look at the situation. Without a picture it is hard to give a definite answer.