How do I find a good revision rhinoplasty MD who also does breast augmentation?

I'm reading that revision rhinoplasty can be quite complicated and might be best if done by a facial plastic surgeon specifically. This makes sense to me and I've found a few great doctors on this site that I would love to consult with. My concern, however, is that I wanted a breast aug procedure as well and I can't use a facial specialist if I do the breast surgery. Is there ever such a thing as two doctors sharing the OR on one patient?? (Less expensive than 2 separate surgeries!)
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Rhinoplasty and breast augmentation

There are many excellent surgeons in Florida. You can start by going to the ASPS or ASAPS websites..

Revision Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation

We are advocates of specialization. For example, in our clinic I would do a patient's revision rhinoplasty and the surgeon who specializes in body work would do the breast augmentation during the same surgery. With this approach it is safer, less expensive, and the patient has just one recovery. 

Breast and nose revision

stephjf, find a practice where a facial plastic surgeon and a plastic surgeon work together in the same office. I'm a solo practitioner and have been for many years so in my setting it would be logistically difficult. Search the Internet and remember for revision nose surgery choose someone with decades of experience at doing "only faces". Look at their photos. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty and breast augmentation

In our practice, a revision rhinoplasty and breast augmentation can be performed by 2 separate surgeons  when patients are asleep using the same operating room. Each surgeon has their own expertise to offer the patient both procedures.

I admire your thoughtfulness and thoroughness. In order to have both procedures performed at the same time - you will need an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. You are correct that facial Plastic Surgeons do not perform breast surgery. Also, be aware that there are some Board Certified PS who do not do nasal work. You have a challenge to find the right Plastic Surgeon to perform both. One tip would be- to search the Before and after photos of a  Board Certified PS and if he/she has a large number of before and after pics- could be an indication of suitability to provide both operations.

I second Dr. Bressler's recommendations. Choose your revision rhinoplasty surgeon carefully. Schedule a consultation with 2-3 Board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeons, go with the one with whom you feel most comfortable, and then get their recommendation for a surgeon to perform the breast augmentation. They're not going to steer you to someone who does not do good work.

Best wishes! Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

As a Facial Plastic Surgeon, there are many times in my practice when I would collaborate with a Plastic Surgeon during the same OR procedure for a patient who desires cosmetic surgery for breast augmentation, which I do not perform. 

Consult with an experienced, reputable FacIal Plastic Surgeon regarding your revision rhinoplasty and ask for his/her recommendation for a physician regarding your breast augmentation. Your doctor may be able to suggest someone trustworthy and experienced too. The most challenging aspect of having two surgeons, is trying to coordinate busy doctors' schedules and locations acceptable to both specialists. Choose the specialists with whom you feel the most comfortable and confident about achieving your goals. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon