Explant and lift (Photo)

Internal bra lift? Minimal scars possible for this explant and lift in the south Florida area. Currently looking for a surgeon

Explant and Lift?

It is evident from your photos that your breast tissue already falls off the bottom of your implants, so you are in need of a lift, even without removal of your implants. Removing the implant will only further increase your need for a lift, and there is no minimal scar, magical internal bra lift that will achieve sufficient lift with an aesthetic breast shape. An anchor type lift is most likely what will be needed and a well trained and experience plastic surgeon should be able achieve a nice result with very acceptable scars. You should focus on looking for a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who demonstrated experience in breast lift surgery.

Do not be your own plastic surgeon

You got it all wrong. You have capsular contracture of your submuscular implants. That is giving you a double bubble effect. Traetment options are many. Discuss with a plastic surgeon in person to understand these issues.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Explant and lift

In my opinion, if you remove the implants, you will need a full lift. I do not think any internal lift will be able to give you a pleasing shape nor position your remaining breast any higher and have it look cosmetically pleasing

Julio Garcia, MD

Lift and implant removal

A lift using possibly a "T" incision might be necessary as it appears in the photos that your breasts are significantly ptotic.  An exam in person is essential.

Mastopexy

You would not be a candidate for the internal bra lift and instead be better served with a formal mastopexy.  If the implants are encapsulated, then removing the capsule and replacing the implants would also be indicated.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Explant and lift+

You for sure will need a lift especially if you remove the implants.One consideration would be to remove the impalnts and utilize your own fat to add volume to your breast rather than another imlpant.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Explains and lift

Thank you for your question.  I have seen a number of patients very similar to your situation.  The problem is a combination of the implants sitting too high and the breasts falling off the implants.  You appear to already have scars from a previous lift and implants so you would not need any additional scars other than what you have.  While the internal bra may work in some patients it doesn't in all and you would need evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in re-do breast surgery.  After discussion with your plastics surgeon you may even want to add small implants in a more appropriate position.  Good luck in your finding the right plastic surgeon, Dr. Steven Schuster in Boca Raton.

Explant and lift

Based on your photographs you do appear to be a good candidate for Implant removal with a Breast Lift. Iam not sure if a minimal scar approach would suffice. Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who can examine you and discuss all the option. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Explant and lift

Thank you for the question. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

When it comes to deciding which operation you should undergo: much will depend on your physical examination ( factors such as degree of breast ptosis, current position of breast implants, number of previous operations, assessment of breast skin quality/elasticity…) and your plastic surgeons' clinical judgment. Reviewing your photographs, demonstrating some asymmetric breast ptosis, it is likely that some type of breast lifting will be necessary both for improvement of breast position as well as breast symmetry.

Longer answer: in person consultation will be necessary to provide you with precise advice. The main issue of concern is adequacy of blood flow given the extensive breast surgery planned. In my opinion, if the degree of breast lifting ( distance of movement of the nipple/areola complexes) is significant, then you may be better off having the procedure performed in 2 stages. If the degree of breast lifting is relatively small ( shorter distance of movement of the nipple/areola complexes) then it is likely that the procedure can be performed in one stage. If in doubt, in my opinion, the two stage approach is safer.
In "borderline" cases where there is doubt whether breast lifting is necessary or not, I advise patients to undergo explantation only and to give their breasts the benefit of the doubt (allow for about six months to pass after breast implant removal) before deciding whether breast lifting would be beneficial.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Breast Lift with Implant Removal

Thank you for your question about Breast Lift.

Yes, you appear to be a candidate for breast lift implant removal based only on the few pictures you have provided.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS