Dropping too much? (Photo)

I got a breast lift with 300cc implants almost 7 weeks ago. I loved how they looked post surgery except the left was much bigger than the right. The nurses told me it was swelling and it would go down, which it did. I noticed the implants drop, which I was expecting, but then my boobs continued to drop and are becoming "saggy" almost again. Have they dropped too much? Is this normal? Also, the left one is still square at the bottom and hasn't rounded out.

Dropping too much?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Dropping too much?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that your breasts have dropped significantly since your surgery which causes you to lack upper pole fullness.  At seven weeks post-op, it would not be unlikely for your implants to drop further.  At about the three month mark, if you are still dissatisfied, you can consider a revision with the guidance of your surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast lift

It appears that your results are good after your breast lift.  Without preoperative photos, it is difficult to determine how much improvement in your shape you have.  If you feel your breasts are still droopy, a revision may be needed to lift the breast further.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

7 weeks after breast lift with implants and already saggy

I would discuss your desires with your surgeon.  You may very well need a revision, but most surgeons prefer to wait at least six months before performing a revision.

Droopy post lift

This is the nature of a lift.The skin left behind is the same and when you put a large implant in there it causes gravity to pull even more.I sometimes tell my patients they may need a tightening procedure 6 months or so later.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You will continue to shift and settle and your boxy will likely become rounder with time.  Be sure to wear supportive bra because as you have witnessed you lose the fight against mother nature and gravity regardless. 

Early sagging after a breast augmentation / lift

Definitely had a dramatic change in the appearance of your breasts over the first 7 weeks.  Part of the problem is the skin will not support the implant.  I like to think of a breast lift / augmentation as a breast lift first and an augmentation second.  Also you can not rely on the skin to support the breasts must use the breast tissue to hold the implants in a higher position.  You may also need a biologic mesh such as SERI to add support to the breast tissue.  Overall a difficult problem.  

Augmentation mastopexy

Depending on your skin quality, the implants may stretch out your lower pole and cause ptosis or pseudoptosis to occurr.  Your breasts till have some erythema on the skin of the lower pole which suggests you are still healing from the surgery.  I would have your surgeon evaluate you for any possible seroma or fluid around the implant.  Even with smaller implants, bra support is important for a long term outcome.  The square shape of the breasts can be improved with some additional skin excision along the inframammary fold to better contour the breast.  The areola appear to have widened due to the implant and this may require a blocking suture revision to avoid any further expansion.  

Breast lift with implants Post op. Some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

It's too early to talk about final results with only 7 weeks.
In my practice, after performing a Breast lift with implants I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dropping too much?

Hard to respond without before photos! Best to seek only in person opinions from boarded PSs in Boca area. Appears as a good result though.