Do I have capsular encapsulation?

Breast augmentation four years ago. A few months ago I started getting nipple itching and burning, now below nipple it's sore and painful. If I massage it initially hurts then pain goes away for a few hours. Implant moves freely, breast looks fine but pretty painful below nipple area and I feel it bumpy not soft. I never thought cc happened around the nipple area! What do I do? I cannot have surgery now. Can pain from capsular encapsulation eventually go away and can it be halted?

Capsular Encapsulation

I would advise you to consult with your original surgeon about this issue. It will be easier for the surgeon to diagnose the problem after a breast examination. Best of luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contracture

Thank you for the question.  It sounds like you could have some level of capsular contracture.  It would be best to visit a board certified plastic surgeon and get a full evaluation regarding your concern.  Best of luck.  Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Di I have capsular contracture

Thanks for your question Connie.  I would recommend returning to your original surgeon if he or she is in the area.  You may have some degree of CC or it just may be some scar adhesions or even nerves returning to sensation.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

4 years post op

What you describe does not sound like capsular contracture. I recommend that you be seen in person to have your breasts examined.

All the best

Breast encapsulation?

Hi - this does not sound like a typical symptom of breast capsular contracture.  I would recommend you visit your plastic surgeon for an examination, and possible further work-up

Nirav Savalia, MD

Most instances of capsular contracture don't cause any discomfort.

You really should be examined by your plastic surgeon. If the breast is not firm then capsular contractures not the issue. Rarely, implants can get infected even if they been in position for long periods of time.

Do I have capsular encapsulation?

Best to obtain IN PERSON examination and ultrasound examination. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Capsular contracture

That is not the typical presentation of capsular contracture. You need an exam for evaluation as this may or may not be implant related. See your PCP for MMG/ultrasound of area to get started. Best of luck. 

Capsular contracture

Hi, Connie777
From your description, it does not sound like you have capsular contracture.
However, in-person examination will be needed to make the diagnosis.
Please visit your plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person.
Best regards.

Do I have CC?

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry you are having these symptoms.  Given that you had your augmentation 4 years ago, and a few months ago you started to have new itching and burning, I would strongly recommend that you make an appointment to see your plastic surgeon.  Any time something changes with the way your breast looks or feels, I would recommend a physical exam by a qualified physician.  If you can not see your plastic surgeon, then I would make an appointment with your primary care doctor who can refer you to the appropriate specialist.  Best of luck!