Almost 3weeks post op and right boob still riding high. Is something wrong? (photos)

I know it might be a little early but I am concerned that something is wrong. My right boob is still very tight, hard and riding high.

Breast Riding High

You are early in your recovery and breasts can heal at different rates. It can take 3 - 6 months for the breasts to heal and drop into final position. I would have your surgeon check the bruising on your breast and to make sure everything is healing okay. Best of luck.

Concerned about high implant at 3 weeks

Its too early to be concerned about one implant being higher than the other. It takes 3 to 4 months for implants to drop, and one side may drop faster than the other. Give it time and then reassess in a few months. However, it looks like the higher breast is also larger. This could just be the way you are taking the selfie. Have your surgeon check to make sure you dont have a hematoma or seroma. You do have more bruising than average. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MF
painlessbreastimplants.com

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about final results with only 3 weeks post op. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

High riding breast implants after breast augmentation

It is not uncommon for breast implants to take a few months before they completely "drop" into position. However, your right breast does appear to be more bruised than the left side. You should mention your concerns to your surgeon and determine if you need to do anything further, like an examination to evaluate for hematoma. 

Postop breast aug

It is too early to make any final assessments about your breasts, it is not uncommon especially in subpectoral implant placement for the implants to feel like they are "too high" at this point. It may take up to 3 months for the breast implants to drop. You should call your surgeon to make sure you do not have a hematoma or seroma. Try to be patient!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Post-op breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. At 3 weeks post-op, it is very normal for the breasts to look high.  I advise patients to wait 8 weeks to allow the breast implants to settle.  I recommend that you return to see your surgeon, as he/she will have a good idea of what to expect in regards to your specific progress, since they can evaluate you in relation to your preoperative appearance.

Best wishes and good luck

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained Plastic Surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Almost 3weeks post op and right boob still riding high. Is something wrong?

Yes early but you might have a point in the asymmetric appearances & results seen in the posted photos. Best to see your operative surgeon in person to discuss options even at this early time... 

Both breasts heal differently

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

3 weeks post op

As a general rule, if you are ever worried, best to see your plastic surgeon so you can be properly evaluated in person. It's normal to have implants that sit higher initially and as the swelling resolves, breasts feel softer and the implants drop and settle some. Good luck for great results!!