I am looking into Cosmetic surgery and I need a price range?

Im looking into getting a very minor 'fixing' of my labias Minora. One side of it is very long, and very embarrassing, to the point where im afraid to let others see me naked, and I want to have it shortened. How expensive would a surgery like that be?

#Labiaplasty/#Vaginal Rejuvenation

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Labiaplasy costs

Prices vary depend upon where and who you go to for surgery.  Obviously more experienced surgeons are going to charge more and this is where the old adage you get what you pay for may often apply.  Choose a surgeon wisely and choose a surgeon based upon experience, education, expertise, results and reputation and not on location, cost and board certification. Board certification doesn't mean your surgeon was even trained in doing vaginal cosmetic surgery.
John  R Miklos MD

Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Cost of labiaplasty

Cost of labiaplasty varies in different areas of the country as well as between surgeons in the same area. When you are looking for labiaplasty be sure first and foremost that you are getting an experienced board certified surgeon. Ask to see photos of their work. Ask whether they do a wedge resection (usually thought to be better) and why. Then ask price. The price quoted should include all aspects of the procedure including surgeon fee, facility fee and anesthesia costs. In my practice I use oral sedation and a topical numbing cream that eliminates the pain of injection. It is a virtually pain free procedure except for minor discomfort during the healing process. Total fee for this operation in my fully certified operating room is $3900 (as of August 2016, subject to change). 

Asymmetry corrected with labiaplasty

The price of labiaplasty depends on the surgeon. It can vary from $2700 to $4000+. Many surgeons offer financing through a third party, which allows you to pay for your surgery in monthly instalments. 

Asymmetry is an issue that can be corrected with labiaplasty. There are many surgeons out there, so it’s important to find one you feel most comfortable with and who has experience in performing the surgery. Some patients also find they’re more comfortable with an all-female medical team to perform their surgery, which is why I offer this at my practice.

Cost of your surgery

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include: 1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA. 2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

$5500

That's the cost of the procedure with me under anesthesia with a board certified anesthesiologist in a surgical center. The cost under local anesthesia is less, but your doctor should offer you a range of options that you feel comfortable with. Go with the doctor first and work out the pricing second.

Labiaplasty: Cost

Thank you for your question.  The price for labiaplasty is dependent upon the experience of the surgeon, the amount of surgery needed, the region of the country, and the cost of anesthesiology/surgical facility if necessary. 

In general, the more experienced cosmetic surgeon with better results, a more involved labiaplasty, larger cities (example, Manhattan, Chicago, Los Angeles), and time in the operating room are all factors that result in a high cost.  These are factors that determine costs for cosmetic genital surgery.

I hope that this answer helped.     Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Price shopping for a very minor fixing of my labias

Hello Casey,
Labial asymmetry is very common, but unless your smaller side is exactly like you want it then you will need both sides worked on to achieve optimal results. Only after a virtual consultation would we be able to determine this as well as the cost. Many women fly in from out of town to have their in-patient laser reduction Labiaplasty performed and return home within a few days.
See link below for more information on the specialized training you should look for in surgeon. You'll also be able to see hundreds of Before and After photos. Also, there's no such thing as a "minor fixing"...it is this type of approach that leads to the many botched Labiaplasties that you'll find on RealSelf. This is the most important decision of your life, one that should not be based on cost alone.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Unilateral Labiaplasty

Pricing is usually dependent on demographics and surgeon experience.   I would find someone you feel comfortable with and has lots of experience with the procedure.In my area of Los Angeles, the average cost is between 2500 and 6 thousand dollars.  This typically includes anesthesia and physician visits.Best of luck :)

Send a photo and I'll send you a quote

Labia minoraplasty to reduce one side to match the other is less work and less expensive than a bilateral procedure, but it must be performed skillfully to achieve a natural effect. If you're flying in from out of town, you can plan to arrive the day before surgery, enjoy a night out in the NYC area, and fly home the day after surgery without any issues. My contact info is available on the web link below: