Pain in my Left Breast 7 Months Post Op, Is This Normal?

It started a few days ago. It's a throbbing pain worse when I bend over or lay on my left side. like its painful when the implant moved.There r also shooting pains too. There is no change in the appearance of my breast but I have some openings lately. Thanks for any help.

Wound issues seven months after mastopexy demand investigation.

It could be that there are some buried sutures working the way to the surface. This is somewhat unlikely seven months. You need to have your surgeon take a look.

Pain post aug

It looks like you are spitting soem sutures so I would go back to your surgeon and have them removed.The pain may be due to encapsualtion and soemtimes a 2or 3 week course of over the counter anti inflam. may take care of ti.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

These openings are small sites of suture infections that require attention from your surgeon. It may be that these are related to your symptoms

Pain and Incision Opening 7 Months Post Op

I recommend you see your surgeon immediately. You are quite far out for those openings to occur. Not to alarm you but you should definitely be seen and get this taken care of. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

At 7 months post-op wound healing issues and pain are not normal

This far out from surgery it is not typical to have this kind of wound healing issue.  While pain may be related to capsule contracture, there may be some other process going on, especially in light of the wounds that you have.  My advice it to see your surgeon as soon as possible for a more thorough evaluation.  Good luck.

New Pains in Breast 7 Months Post Op

Please see your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.  This is not normal and should be addressed for the best result.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

New pains and wound problems 7 months post-op

is not normal... please see your doctor as soon as possible.  There are many reasons you could be experiencing the wound issues and most are not serious.  However you need to be seen to make sure it isn't something more concerning.

Curtis Wong, MD

Late pain unususal....see your surgeon

your situation is a little unusual. would need an in-person exam so best to return to your surgeon for evaluation in not too distant future.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Pain 7 months after a breast lift/ augmentation

At 7 months post op I am surprised that you are still having wound healing problems.  This may be part of your pain syndrome but may just a secondary problem.  The type of pain that you have described is usually associated with an irritation of the lateral intercostal nerves.  If this continues then it is time to be examined by your plastic surgeon.  

Pain Seven Months after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing seven months after breast augmentation/lifting surgery.   Pain at this point is often related to a breast implant that is displacing and/or breast implant encapsulation. There may also be discomfort associated with the incision line healing problems.

You will be best off following up with your plastic surgeon who, after direct examination, will be in the best position to advise you.