7 weeks post op Coolsculpting upper/lower abdomen, it's a disaster. At this point major malformation in 2 areas. Any suggestion?

I am petite and in relatively good shape... 5 feet, 98 lbs. I was immediately uncomfortable with what I thought was swelling; pain and pressure. At 4 weeks, no improvement & the two "swollen" areas much progressively larger. Anyone can clearly see one of them... and it sits right under my breast bone pressing against my rib cage. I called my doctor's office at 4 weeks. They insisted I not come in until 8 weeks. Try to add pics, but it wouldn't work. What should I do? This is serious.

Swelling after Coolsculpting

Please follow up with your treating physician or with another experienced provider in your area for an in person evaluation. 

Livingston Physician

Coolsculpting Post Treatment Questions

I understand your concern and from what you're describing, I think you should see a local provider for a follow-up sooner rather than later.  If you're not receiving the type of patient care you desire from your current provider, I'd recommend seeking the advice of the most experienced Coolscultping provider in your area for their recommendations.  Best of luck to you, Doc Halliday

Douglas Halliday, PhD, MD
Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
you need to find another dr

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and Concerning Results

Coolsculpting is a great procedure for reducing a bulge by 25% in a given area.  The side effects you are describing are concerning and I would definitely return to your treating physician for examination or consult an expert in coolsculpting.

Coolsculpting and concerning results

Coolsculpting can reduce the amount of fat cells permanently.  If you are already seeing some changes that are unfavorable at 4 weeks and is due to a reduction of treated area, then this may get worse.  Sometimes, treating between areas with Coolsculpting can help soften the transitions.  Alternatively, surgery can help smooth out transition areas.
We were the first plastic surgery practice in Houston to get Coolsculpting, and I have been impressed with what it can do.  However, proper planning and assessment is critical for a tool like this.  I have had to use Coolsculpting to soften areas where I achieved a greater than expected reduction.  In addition, there are some patients that have seen a change but not as much as they wished. 
In our practice, as part of the consultation, I discuss surgical alternatives.  If they opt for Coolsculpting, but decide at a later point that surgery is what they need to achieve their goals, then they can apply a good portion of what they paid on Coolsculpting towards a surgical solution for the same area.

7 weeks CoolSculpting upper/ lower abdomen.

Thank you for your question. So sorry to hear of your experience. An in person assessment is required to provide an accurate response. Possibly attempt to add photos again. If you feel as though you require a follow up, perhaps you need to insist to be seen.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting Disaster Results

I suggest posting photos and if not seeing a body sculpting expert for a consultation, you may need something like ultrashape/velashape or hi definition liposuction to improve this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Pain, Swelling and Problems after Coolsculpting

It is true that Coolsculpting can cause some pain and discomfort, swelling and bruising in the post procedure period. This can occur regardless if you are petite or full-figured, have your abdomen, thighs or flanks treated. But these uncomfortable symptoms typically resolve within a number of days after treatment. I always advise my patients that if they think something is wrong, they should come into the office for evaluation. I recommend you call the physician or facility that treated you and ask to be formally evaluated.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Problems

It's unacceptable for a practice to insist you not go in for a follow up until 8 weeks after your treatment if you are having problems. Not only should you call them and have them see you immediately, you should also be seen by their medical director who can personally evaluate you and address your concerns. If you do not feel comfortable with how they are handling your situation then you may want to find another CoolSculpting practice in your area that can help you. This could be a variety of things, but until you are seen in person an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan can't be made. Best of luck to you.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting post procedure

I would call back the doctor's office and ask to be seen. It is difficult to say what it could be without knowing your case details and seeing the area in person. It is possible it is still a little swollen post procedure. Paradoxical fat hyperplasia is a rare possibility but in my personal experience, it seems too early for that to be a possibility. Good luck. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon