Considering a breast reduction. I am a 46 DDD & want a C cup, with lipo on the sides of breast. Any thoughts?

However, I am 2 weeks out from a rotator cuff repair/bone spur removal/ muscle & tension anchored. I am doing extremely well . I can't raise my arm up all the way yet. But I am wondering if I should go ahead and conSult /so they can send info to ins., etc. My goal is to have reduction done the first or 2cnd week of Sept. (I am 53) obviously I dint want to do anything that will reinjure that rotator cuff. Any thoughts?

Breast Reduction - Insurance Coverage

Thank you for your question. The insurance approval process for the breast reduction may take several weeks.  The first step would be to contact your insurance provider to obtain coverage information, specifically whether a policy exclusion exists.  The next step would be to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Your surgeon will submit the necessary documentation and photos to your insurance provider.  

Best Regards,
Dr. Bidros

Breast Reduction - Insurance Coverage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best Regards,
Dr. Bidros

Breast reduction

You sound like you are a candidate for a breast reduction. Each insurance company has different criteria for approval. Best to call them first and then seek consultation.

Breast reduction

Breast Reduction after Orthopedic surgery

You will see immediate relief of any back or shoulder or neck pain with  a breast reduction.  You are best to recover from your orthopedic surgery.

Time to get insurance approval for a breast reduction

I would want to wait at least 6 weeks after your rotator cuff surgery before you plan a breast reduction.  You are correct that it will take time to get insurance approval.  

See no problem with proceeding with breast reduction after rotator cuff surgery.

If are healing properly and you orthopedic surgeon has no difficulty with you having a breast reduction I see no reason not to start the process.