My transplanted hair is still thin. 10 month Post op.

I have done hair transplant around 10 months ago.After 4-5 months I got good hair.And density was decent.But now 10 months post op.I see the hair is thinning and also gaps are visible. Should I be worried!? Any medicare to make hair grow thick!?

If your results are not satisfactory, you should first see your doctor for a follow up. It generally takes 6 to 12

If your results are not satisfactory, you should first see your doctor for a follow up.  It generally takes 6 to 12 months to see results.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

10 months after a hair transplant

By this time what you see is about 90% of what you will end up with. If it is not thick enough you might want to do it again

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinning hair after transplant?

Without photos I can't be sure.  It sounds as if some of the native hair near where your transplants were placed may have undergone normal thinning.  If you had good results initially, this is probably the case.  You may need to see your surgeon and discuss options.  Medical therapy vs. another transplant procedure would be likely.  Thanks for your question.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair thinning 10 months after transplant

This is not a question that can be answered online, especially without the benefit of any before and after photos. You need to return to your surgeon and discuss this in person. That said, unless you were completely bald at the time of your transplant, I think the most likely explanation for what you have observed is the ongoing loss of native hair.

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon