Doctor Recommendations to Fix Botched Blepharoplasty

Too much skin removed doing eye lid blemp. Sensitive under lid tissue exposed to environment. I am in need of a eyelid facial plastic surgeon who can lower the left lid or skin transplant so the eye lid can lay lower and close completely. The right eye has problems also as it was pulled down and across at the ridge leaving a false crease.Eye lids pull up farther when raising eye brows. I can forward pictures and records to doctors who have done such revisions. I am in great distress.

Doctor Answers 6

You need an aesthetic reconstructive oculoplastic surgeon.

Dear Unofactasunt

Before you decide which procedure you need, you are far better off deciding what surgeon you need.  In Ohio, I would recommend Jill Foster, M.D. in Columbus and Julian Perry, M.D. in Cleveland.  Both of these are highly qualified individuals with a great deal of experience.  You might also try googling "fixing eyelid surgery," and studying the websites of the surgeons who devote a big portion of their practices to repairing blepharoplasty that has gone wrong.  Generally skin grafts are avoided at all costs because they are very unsightly and there are many other ways to accomplish the same thing with a better aesthetic result.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Difficult Revision Eyelid Surgery Best By Oculoplastic Surgeon

I would agree that a complicated revision eyelid surgery would best be performed by an oculoplastic surgeon. I would therefore go with Dr. Steinsapir's recommendations.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Eyelid surgery repair needed

I agree that you need an experienced oculoplastic surgeon to help you out.  Sounds like a complex situation, not for the novice surgeon and not for a general plastic surgeon.  Keep your eyes moist with artificial tears in the mean time and get in to see someone in your area soon!

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Botched surgery referral

ask your personal physicisn for a referral to an oculoplastic surgeon in your community.  based on your description it is diificult surgery to say the least. good luck. also stop using the word botched, bad results happen even after good operations and it may scare off a good surgeon from operating on you. 

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

Blepharoplasty Issues

I am sorry about your issues.  It sounds like there was excessive skin removed and maybe lack of detail to potential laxity to the lateral canthus.  Just post your pictures so that more realistic recommendations can be made.

Dr. ES

Eyelid surgery revision

Without a good exam it is difficult to say, but I would see an plastic surgeon or an oculoplastic surgeon.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.