Could my surgery be redone? Is this acceptable work for a PS? Incision openings with a corset trunkplasty. (photos)

I had a corset trunkplasty March 4th 2016. About a month after my incisions started opening, my PS had left the clinic 7 days after so I have only been able to see the PA. When I went in about the openings she said they couldn't do anything and that my body had rejected the dissolvable sutures. I used the saf gel, cleaned and bandaged it as instructed however I've been left with a very painful ugly scar. My question is would this be acceptable work of a PS? Could it be redone? Thank you.

Scars following body contouring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The scar process is not entirely controllable, even for plastic surgeons.  And this is especially true if you had wound breakdown or delayed healing.  It seems you have a nice result, other than the hypertrophic scarring.  It would be very possible to revise this scar after some period of maturation and contraction (usually 6-12 months after full healing).  If the sutures were thought to problematic, it would be helpful to avoid those in the future and use other suture materials.  If your plastic surgeon is no longer available, I would seek out advice from another board-certified plastic surgeon about revision.  It would also be tremendously helpful to obtain a copy of the operative report from your prior plastic surgery office so that the new plastic surgeon is aware of the suture material that was an issue previously.

Scars After Cosmetic Surgery

Since no surgeon can control how any patient scars, one cannot judge the quality of a surgeon’s work, generally speaking, by the final scar a patient creates as a result of the surgical incision. Unfortunately, patients who make unattractive scars once do tend to make them again even after revisions. I would recommend discussing this in detail with a board-certified plastic surgeon. I hope this information is helpful to you. Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Could my surgery be redone? Is this acceptable work for a PS? Incision openings with a corset trunkplasty

Looks like you have hypertrophic scaring. This can be improved but may need a scar revision. You should find a new plastic surgeon if your's left. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Could my surgery be redone? Is this acceptable work for a PS? Incision openings with a corset trunkplasty.

The results appear acceptable with some mild scarring. And yes the scars could be redone but at your expense.