What are my extended arm lift options with loose skin under the armpit? (Photo)

As you can see from the photo I have loose skin under my armpit. I am wondering if an extended brachioplasty would be an option? Or can you make suggestions based on the fast that I do already want an arm lift? Thanks!

Extended Brachioplasty

Absolutely you are a candidate for an extended brachioplasty. This will address the loose skin of your upper bra roll area. Generally your ps will use staples in this area for 5-10 days. Keeping the axillia dry is crucial for healing.

Extended brachioplasty

Very often after massive weight loss loose skin remains requiring a variety of recontouring procedures. Very often excess skin remains in the upper arm and the laxity of the skin can continue into the armpit and down the chest wall. An extended brachioplasty can help re-tailor the arm, axilla and chest wall all at the same time.
It would be very important to consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who routinely and frequently performs body recontouring procedures on patients who have achieved massive weight loss. An experienced surgeon will know how to plan the optimal design for the incision that we will incorporate all of these areas and lead to the best outcome. Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

What are my extended arm lift options with loose skin under the armpit?

Thank you for your question.  In addition to addressing the excess skin and fat of the arm, a brachioplasty can be extended into the armpit to excise the excess tissue there.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Armpit skin excess

An arm lift should improve some of the excess in that area, but if you are referring to the roll of skin beneath your arm it may not be completely corrected unless the ancillary component is extended inferiorly to remove more skin. This is referred to more as a torsoplasty. 

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

?extended arm lift

Hello and thank you for your question. From what I can see it looks as though you could benefit from a J-lift type extended arm lift to help with the excess skin under your arm pir. You need to see a ps who specializes in these procedures as complications can be significant. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Extended brachioplasty

If there is lots of excess horizontal laxity below your armpits then extending your resection down your thorax in-continuity with your brachioplasty incision is indicated.  During your consultation, your surgeon should be able to assess your goals and the laxity of your soft tissues.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

Yes I think you might "turn the corner" on a brachioplasty and extend the excision down toward the bra in the midaxillary line.

Good Luck

Michael E. Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question. The answer to your question is yes. Extending the incision into the axilla (armpit) is commonly done in my practice, and results in removal of the skin in your area of concern. Best of luck. 

Taylor Theunissen, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon