17 days post op TT/Lipo. When am I going to have a flat tummy?

My stomach is swollen more now than when I had my surgery. I wear my compression garment during the day and off at night. When am I going to have a flat tummy???

Tummy Tuck Swelling

I know it is easier said than done to "be patient" but with the tummy tuck surgery it does take time for the swelling to completely ressolve.  Generally around 6 moths you should see a good result post surgery.  However, if you do feel that your abdomen is getting  larger and does feel like much softer and feels almost like "jello" I would consult with your PS to ensure you have no fluid build up after your surgery.

Compression garments also do help control the swelling too!  We recommend the "Marena Goup." ones online. And remember, you do also keep a healthy diet post surgery and once you are cleared to work out, exercise is important too to maintain the results! 

Flat

It can take 6 months for the swelling that normally occurs with a TT to finally settle down.  You, of course, are very early in the process.  So, take heart, if you like the way you look right now, it's going to be much better by spring!

Virgil Willard, MD
High Point Plastic Surgeon

DrDerby

tHank you for your question. You are still very much in the post op process , swelling might occur up to 4-6 months after your procedure, so do not worry. It takes its time , just follow up well with your surgeon. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery. Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.