Would it be too early to schedule a consultation now?

I would like my Ba in the fall, right now I am saving and only have $3000. Would I be able to go to a consultation now even though I can't schedule surgery for a few more months?

Surgery Consultation

You could definitely  ahead an schedule a consultation now. This way you will be able to go ahead an find a surgeon that you like, get an exact quote as to what your surgery will cost, and possibly go ahead and get on their surgery calander.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Time for a Consult

Thanks for your question.  If you are planning on having surgery in the fall now is the time to start thinking about which surgeons you are interested in visiting for a consultation.  Spend time reviewing before and after photos, patient reviews, and surgery.org to understand all the details of the operation. That way, when you arrive for your consult you are well prepared. 

Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

You can get your consultation now. We routinely have people schedule surgery 6 months out. You may also be able to talk to a financial counselor at the practice to review the costs and financing options.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Consult

It is really difficult not to feel excited about going in for your consultation and wanting to proceed immediately.  However, the process shouldn't be rushed.  The consultation is your opportunity to learn more about the procedure and to see if your chosen surgeon and his or her staff is a good fit for you. So take your time, don't rush into it, learn all you can and schedule when you are ready but it is never too early for your consultation.

Paul B. Mills, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

First of all thank you for the question.  If you are interested in having a breast augmentation I would recommend having a consultation at least a few months prior to the time you would like to schedule the surgery.  This way it gives you time to process all the information you will receive, to find a surgeon that you are comfortable with, and if you have a specific day you would like to have surgery.  As always, I do recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best of Luck.    

Heather Rocheford, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Too early to consult now?

Well, Fall is right around the corner... I would start looking into board certified surgeons in your area, make a list of which doctors appeal to you and start doing your research.  Many surgeons have excellent websites and you can inquire about consultation appointments online, then a patient coordinator will contact you about availability. You may find it takes a few weeks to get an appointment. Each individual office has their own ideal time frame for consultation appointment to surgery date, but you can certainly consult at any time.
Best of luck to you!

Fred Hackney, MD

Is it too early for a Breast augmentation consultation?

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon about having a breast augmentation is an opportunity for you to learn more about not only the procedure, but also decide if that surgeon is the right one for you.  Even if you don't plan on surgery in the near future, the information at the consultation will help you feel more comfortable with your choice.  You will also get a price quote and know your financial obligations.  Good luck and feel comfortable scheduling that consultation.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Paying For Surgery

Many Plastic Surgeons will provide you a quote and guarantee that price for a time. In my practice I guarantee the price I have quoted not to change for at least 6 months. As well, many clinics will offer financing or work with medical financing companies who can pay for your procedure and allow you to pay them back over time. Your Plastic Surgeon will discuss options with you.

All the best

Breast augmentation - when to schedule a consultation?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• You are smart to think ahead!
  • Yes, you can definitely go ahead and schedule a consultation.
  • It may take several consultations to find the right surgeon.
  • To find a plastic surgeon near you, go to the website of the American College of Plastic Surgeons.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Timing of Consultation for Breast Augmentation

The consultation should be a learning opportunity NOT a sales encounter. By going earlier, you will learn a lot more than if you felt rushed. It will allow you to learn as much as you can on the topic, understand which implant is the best for you and realize which surgeon is the best fit for you. This way you will be confident in your choice and would get a great result. A lot of people do their consultation months sometimes years before the surgery. You should too.

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN