If my doctor did not tell me about the "ideal" implants as an option, is it even possible for him to do those?

My doctor offered the silicone gel, gummy bear, and saline. I recently found the ideal plants and am very interested in those. Can he just order them or do I need to find a different surgeon? Ugh.

Ideal Implant Surgeons

Your surgeon may or may not be able to use the Ideal implant- there is some training involved and some practice differences in using this implant vs the others on the market.   Ask your surgeon about the Ideal implant and see what her or his thoughts are.  Some surgeons, like me, were early adopters of this new technology and are using them more routinely.
Dr. L

Ideal Implant Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  If your plastic surgeon did not offer Ideal Implants as an option, he most likely is not yet approved to use the implants.  At this time, there are a limited number of board certified plastic surgeons across the nation who are trained and approved to use Ideal structured implants.  It will be easy to find those in your area by checking the website of the company.  Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Implant

Thank you for your question.  At this time, the Ideal Implant is available only to a select nationwide network of board certified plastic surgeons.  You can find a surgeon who offers this implant by looking at the company's website.  Hope that helps.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS