What would Botox do for this in terms of bringing the lip down so not so much of my teeth would show? (photo)

Growing up I had severe buck teeth. 8 year ago, I visited a cosmetic dentist and got veneers on my front six teeth. He was also able to move the front two teeth back so they weren't jetting out as much. I still have an overbite, just not as much. I am happy with the veneers, but not the size of the front two teeth. teeth. I still feel like they are over-sized when I smile and am still not comfortable with them. I'm not looking for surgery or braces at this point.

Botox for a tight, full, "gummy" smile

Dear 082177:

Thanks for sharing your photo! You certainly have a gorgeous smile and should not be ashamed! 

Understated but additional improvements to consider might be:
  • 2 units of Botox to the each zygomaticus muscle lifting your upper lip placed at the outside corners of your nostrils to improve the "gummy smile", 
  • 4 units of Botox in 1 unit increments at the cupids bow and medial third of lip just above the white roll to soften the tightness of your great upper lip smile creating an outward rolling for an upper lip pout,
  • 2 to 4 units of Botox in 1 unit increments similarly along the lower lip for a fuller lower lip pout.
Visit the most experienced Botox injector you can. These particular injection sites are based on understanding facial muscle anatomy, examination and feeling precisely where they will do the most good.

All the best!

Self assurance

Wow, you need to pull some photos out of why you and your teeth looked like before your veneers!!! You have a great smile and perfectly straight and good looking teeth. If you were a little buck toothy before and now after I would look at the positive of the surgery you paid. Your upper lip is not that long so I don't think the Botox will make that great of improvement. If you decide to do Botox it surely won't hurt your look so downside is only a few units anyway. You need to have them carry units not only just under your lips but to the corners of your nasal labil folds to try to drop as much of it as you can in light of the small upper lip. I would also suggest some new highlighting lipstick and pull the eyes to your lips and off of the teeth. Will give you more confidence showing off your mouth. Best A

Adam Stibich, MD
Hot Springs National Park Dermatologist

Botox and Gummy Smile

Botox works well for this, only a few units are needed at the base of the nose to give you improvement.  Please see only an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for upper lip

For patients with what is a "gummy smile,"  Botox can be used gently to soften the upper lip pull to cover the gum line a bit more. Best of luck.

Botox and gummy smile

082177,

Botox is an excellent and very easy way to reduce the show of your gums when smiling.  It requires relatively small amounts of Botox to be injected at the site of the muscles that help elevate the medial lip when smiling.  While it is a very effective treatment that can last about 3-5 months for most people make sure you are seeing someone is has a lot of experience with injecting Botox.  If it is injected incorrectly it could affect your smile negatively.

Cody Koch

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for gummy smile

Botox can be used to reduce the amount of a gummy smile.  It doesn't take a lot of Botox to do, but does require an understanding of the anatomy and facial muscles that allow produce the gummy smile.  Make sure you visit with an experience injector.

What would Botox do for this in terms of bringing the lip down so not so much of my teeth would show?

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain but it Sounds like you are complaining of a "gummy smile" which is an off label, but berry common, use for Botox. Any experienced injector should be able to help you but you need to be properly examined first. Get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

What would Botox do for this in terms of bringing the lip down

Botox can be a great treatment for the "gummy smile". You need to be careful not to over treat the upper lip elevators so please consult with a highly experienced physician Botox injector. The results should be very nice and last 3-4 months per treatment at which time the Botox would need to be repeated. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

A small amount of Botox can be used to treat a 'gummy' smile.  Be sure to see someone who uses Botox (Xeomin) frequently for best results.

Growing up I had severe buck teeth. 8 year ago, I visited a cosmetic dentist and got veneers on my front six teeth. He was also

You have a mild "gummy smile" which can be improved with 4 to 8 units of Botox to the muscles which raise the lip. The results last 3-4 months. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS