Will my facial proportions be better with a nose reshaping? Trying to find Rhinoplasty surgeon in Chicago. (photos)

I am looking for a rhinoplasty surgeon. I would like my hump removed, tip shorted and turned up a little, and the bulbous tip more refined. Will my facial proportions be better with just a nose reshaping or would I need a chin implant too? My nose is crooked on my face, will that be a difficult or expensive thing to fix? I am looking for surgeon in the chicago area. I want to stay out of the city. I have a needle phobia and would like to be put to sleep with sevoflurane before the iv is put in.
See average cost for Rhinoplasty

To find doctors in your local area, please click here. 

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant? Yes

Thanks for your thoughtful post and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate to consider both primary open rhinoplasty and chin augmentation with an implant to enhance your facial harmony and aesthetic proportion. Selecting a reputable, experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon with special interests in rhinoplasty and profile enhancements is often the most difficult phase of your journey. Check reviews, portfolios of patient results, credentials and reputation in selecting a surgeon to consult with. The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) or The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS) websites offer information about doctors in your area. There are numerous, highly qualified specialists in Chicagoland who would be happy to assist you. Take your time and visit several for consultation. Once you have chosen your physician, you can discuss your particular concerns for anesthesia with your physician and the surgical team of anesthesiologists and staff. Best wishes. 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

While rhinoplasty alone would provide great aesthetic benefit, your chin is also horizontally short. The rhinoplasty with chin augmentation would provide an even better aesthetic result. This can be determined before surgery with computer imaging looking at your rhinoplasty with and without chin augmentation.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty can address the hump and tip. Facial proportions, as you mention, are very important to the overall aesthetic of the face. While you may benefit from a chin implant, you would be surprised with the improvement that the rhinoplasty itself can make. That said, I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. You should consult with a surgeon whose office - like ours - offers advanced imaging technology so that the patient can actually visualize how certain changes to a facial feature(s) will affect their entire face. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will My Facial Proprtions be Improved with a Rhinoplasty?

A rhinoplasty to remove your hump and narrow your entire nose combined with a chin implant to improve jaw projection and definition will improve your facial proportions. Share your needle phobia with the anesthesiologist so yo have a pleasant operative experience.

Facial proportions are better with a rhinoplasty and a chin implant

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile in addition to an overly projecting nose.  Consider performing both a rhinoplasty and chin implant procedure.  A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish decreasing the overall projection, shaving down the dorsal hump, reducing the bulbous tip, and  narrowing the bridge line.  Chin implants are composed of Silastic, and are placed through a small incision underneath the chin as an outpatient procedure.  All of the changes necessary with the nose can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach by making all of the incisions on the inside of the nose.  For many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

Thanks for the question.  It appears based on your photos that you would benefit from both an open rhinoplasty as well as a chin implant to restore your facial proportions.  I recommend consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in both rhinoplasty as well as chin augmentation.  Masking patients with sevoflurane before placing an IV is something we offer to all patients in our office-based surgery center and should be available wherever you choose to go.

Rhinoplasty

It appears that you would benefit from a chin implant in addition to the rhinoplasty. As you noted there are multiple issues that need to be addressed regarding your nose. Computer imaging would be useful to help your understand what could be accomplished.