Follow-up Question - Implant size, look to add volume and would like a full B, suggestions? (photos)

Thank you all for your help! It is greatly appreciated. I'm still having trouble deciding on a size. My plastic surgeon uses Natrelle Inspira and has recommended that I either go with the 360 or 375 SRM. My breast width is 13 cm and my rib cage measures 30". I'm 5'7" and 125 pounds. I'm a mom to 3 young children and am looking to have the volume I had while nursing. I am a small A now and would like to be a full B. I enjoy running and have no desire for size D breasts. Should I opt for a 300?

To see previous question, please click here.

Implant sizing

I obviously can't be sure, but I feel like those sizes are way too big if you want to be a full B.  That to me would be somewhere sub-300 for you.  I also feel like 13 cm may be too wide for you, as you appear petite.  I do not like a wide look on my implants (personal preference).  Obviously without measuring you I don't know for sure.  Sorry to throw a wrench in your plan, but you should be cautious.  Base width of your chest, and thus implant, is the biggest determinant of size (you can only make an implant of a certain width so big).  Hope that helps.

Implant sizing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fullo B cup bra size.

In my opinion, keeping in view your height and weight , 300 cc should be sufficient to achieve your goal. I usually take three different size implants and decide which one to use during surgery. Good luck,

M. Azhar Ali, MD, FACS
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

Fullo B cup bra size.

M. Azhar Ali, MD, FACS
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

Want a B cup breast

It is impossible to predict final bra size and the hard thing is that you might picture a different B cup than what someone else considers a B cup. (Depending on where you shop!) So, I think the best way to feel confident with the size you pick is to try them on. We use 3D imaging in the office to show you what you might look like with different size implants. We also have sizers which are like inserts that you can try on with a non-padded bra and look at yourself in real life to determine if that size is what you are picturing. With these modalities, it is easy to feel comfortable with the size you choose. 

That being said - from your pictures, it looks like 300cc will give you a very nice look and allow you to remain active with your running. Best wishes!

Want a B cup breast

Implant size

The sizes you mentioned seem to be appropriate for your body and your desire to be active after your surgery. Based on your size before surgery those implants would likely get you to a moderate c cup 

Implant size

Size of implant is hard to choose

The hardest decision to make in breast implant surgery is the size of the implants.  Try on sizers, talk to your surgeon, look at before and after pictures and choose the size that YOU, and only YOU want.  Your plastic surgeon will tell you if the choice is adequate to fulfill your desires.  I believe you would fine with a 300 cc implant, below the muscle, saline or silicone.

Good Luck!

Size of implant is hard to choose

Good Luck!

Want a B cup

Hello, there is no good correlation between implant size and final cup size; it also depends on your pre-existing breast tissue, shape, and bra type.  In my experience with most of my patients, 375cc implants result in breasts that are larger than a B-cup but again there is no perfect way to predict final cup size.

Want a B cup

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implants and volume

You would have to be seen in person to determine what is appropriate for you.  There are many options and your anatomy will dictate what is safe and reasonable.

Implants and volume

Implant size

It is very important to consider your breast dimensions .  However, you also have to consider your desired result from a visual perspective.  I do not use cup size , as it is variable, with no standard.  I have my patients bring examples and I also use 3D imaging to understand their goal.  That should then be put together with your anatomy/dimensions to select and implant.

Implant size

Implant choice

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  
Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Implant choice

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon