Loose skin after Tummy tuck, will a revision help? (photos)

Hi drs I had a full tt on April 8. I'm very disappointed in my results. I have enough skin to pull on while sitting & standing. I understand it can't be completely flat while sitting, but this seems like too much..I'm starting to think my dr. Was too conservative. I'm trying to be patient & positive but this is very depressing. Also my bb looks abnormal. I did go to the dr. W my concerns, his respond was "well u had a bunch of kids" only 2 btw.. a need advice please & thank you..

Tummy Tuck Extension versus Lower Body Lift

You look like you lost a good deal of weight. Did you talk about a lower body lift? It looks like your tummy tuck was extended. Having loose skin as you approach the sides can happen when there is a good deal of laxity that goes around the sides to the flank and buttocks.  

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Revision Options

Revision surgery is unusual but may be desired for several reasons. Most revisions should be done after 9-12 months.  One cause for revision surgery are “dog ears” at the ends of the incisions. These are small folds of excess skin that do not flatten over time.  They can be excised, suctioned or both.

Scars may widen or continue to be red and elevated.  These may require laser treatment or injection with kenalog and 5-FU.  Excision and reclosure may help some scars. Other treatments are available as well.

Excess fat or loose skin may require liposuction and skin excision to obtain the best result. So, give the healing process a little more time, and then if you still worry that you need a revision you should visit your surgeon to have the area examined and see if a revision would help. Good luck.

Stetch marks

Your stretch marks are really the key to your question. Skin like yours doesn't "hold" the tightness that we construct in the operating room - it stretches. So the answer to your question is yes, it will be better for a while but the chances of this happening again (not all this attenuated skin can be removed) is significant. Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Sorry that you have had a disappointing results after your PS procedure. The good news is that your concerns can be addressed to some degree with a revision TT. You may consider seeing another BCPS for your care. 

Good luck

Loose skin after TT

It is difficult to answer this question without an examination. Photos only tell so much. I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion which may be able to put your mind at ease as to what can be done. Good luck. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon