How do I get the hump of fat removed from my chin? (Photo)

My chin pokes out way to far. Ive been made fun of all my life and i think if i got my jaw fixed then id be so much happier with myself. So i just need someone to tell me how to get a chin reduction or whatever it takes to chop it off!! lol DONT MAKE FUN OF ME....

Doctor Answers 2

Chin Reduction Options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are two options for your chin reduction. One approach is a combination of bone and soft tissue removal. This is done by a submental incision from under the chin. This is a good technique of you only want a horizontal reduction of your chin and no vertical change. If horizontal reduction and some vertical lengthening would be appropriate then an intraoral bony genioplasty is needed. This choice can be determined by doing some initial computer imaging to see the exact chin reduction change that best fits your face.

Chin surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The condition is called macrogenia and is corrected by sliding genioplasty. The chin would be cut and pushed back. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.