Ice pick scars and deep pitted scars I have wanted to do TCA Cross as other methods did not help at all.

I am indian dark skinned can tca cross method be done

Treatment for acne scars

Thank you for your question adevi. Chemical peels are used to enhance the appearance of the face. TCA CROSS is a technique specific for acne scars, icepick scars in particular. For my patients with darker skin types I recommend using a topical regimen of products including hydroquinone, kojic acid, and vitamin C for several weeks before and after a treatment. For my patients with acne scars I find that fractional CO2 or Erbium lasers work best. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Encino Physician

TCA CROSS and ice pick scars

Yes, this can be done. You will need a lower concentration, the chances of skin colour changes will be 100%- absolute. Essentially you will need to trade your ice pick scars for areas of skin darkening that can last 6 months or more. The use of lasers such as QSL or Picosure can help speed up the lightening process. All in the video below.Dr Davin Lim Laser Dermatologist Brisbane Australia.

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist