Osseointegration following keyhole implants?

I just had eight oostem 4.0 x 8.5 or 4.5 x 8.5 (4 upper, 4 lower) implants using keyhole surgery. The only problem so far is pain from the stent used. The surgeon wants 1 week, 2 week, 1 month, 3 month appointments. Is this necessary? I thought I'd be sent away for two months to allow osseointegration then be fitted for the overdentures. Naturally after spending so much I'll follow his instructions.

Typical follow up

The postoperative visits are necessary to ensure you are healing properly.  I typically see patients at 1 week and then 1 month.  If there was an issue with your early healing such as infection, it needs to be addressed immediately.  You are correct in that you are making a large investment in your oral health and the follow ups are there to ensure everything is healing normally.

Philadelphia Periodontist