Can you have a brow lift with restylane after botox?

I have recently had a botox on my forehead and around my eyes, but it has left me with really droopy eyelids. Would I have to wait for the botox to wear off before having a brow lift with restylane? I have read that you need to let the botox wear off so that you can see exactly where the brow muscles sit naturally.

Botox

Let the botox wear off. You need to see someone who does surgery AND injections. This would be a board certified plastic surgeon, occuloplastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon. Ever hear that saying about when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail?

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. You should discuss this result with your surgeon and the injector. Once you resolve the issue here, you can consider an endoscopic brow lift as well as any cosmetic improvements that are required to address your eyelids. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Brow after Botox

Botox placed in the forehead can frequently cause the brows to descend giving you a very droopy look. If the Botox is put too close to the central eyelid, it can migrate into the elevator muscle in the eyelid itself and cause droop of only the lid. Without an exam, it is hard to tell what has occurred. The latter can occasionally be treated with an eyedrops. The former can occasionally be treated with more botox placed under the eye to reduce the muscle component pulling the brow down. If these do not work, then you just have to wait until the Botox wears off. I would discuss this with your injector or see someone else who is an expert injector. No matter what, Restylane will not provide a brow lift, though it can improve the appearance around the eyes. Again, you need an expert injector. (See ExpertInjector.org.)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon