10 weeks post BA, do my breasts look right? (Photo)

I'm 10 weeks post BA tomorrow and don't know if they look right. They don't seem to have much shape when I look down and i'm not sure if they've dropped enough. They also don't seem to be very soft. Textured implants.

Do my breasts look right?

Dear laylay1, I know how frustrating it is to recover from a cosmetic procedure such as your breast augmentation and not look the way you expected to look.  The excitement of having your surgery done gives way to the reality of your results.  Even though I don't know what you looked like before your surgery I can tell you that your results are technically reasonable.  Your implants are of reasonable size and the placement is nicely symmetrical.  I can also tell that you probably had very small breasts to begin with and your current size and shape is almost entirely produced by the implants. Therefore the very round shape and edgy borders is the shape of your implants.  I see that the right breast implant is more to the side and you have a wide gap between your breasts.  That may be because you naturally have that much space between the medial insertion of your pec muscles and cannot be improved due to the risk of synmastia.  what I mean by that is that if the pec muscle insertion is cut any more in the center, your implants may come together which is not very pretty.  Texturized implants are firmer and stick to your tissues so they don't move much. This maybe as good as it gets for now.  If you were my patient I would like to know what is it that you like or don't like about your breasts to see if something can be done about it.  

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

10 weeks Post Breast Augmentation

Greetings.  Thank you for the question.  As you are in the post-operative period, you will still continue to experience some changes in shape and position.  These are expected.  The best option would be to follow up with your plastic surgeon and discuss the issues.  Best wishes.

Ravinder Jarial, DO

Do they look right?

Thank you for sharing these questions and photos. Your breasts look just fine to me. They look round and well defined. Textured breast implants feel firmer than the smooth gels and they often take longer to fully soften. I suggest you meet with your plastic surgeon and speak with them about your concerns. Congratulations and I wish you the very best as your breast augmentation results continue to mature! Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

10 Weeks Post Op

Thank you for your question. At ten weeks you could still have some settling and softening to do over the next couple of months. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon with any concerns.

All the best