Is this Ptosis? How could I fix this? (photo)

Is this Ptosis? How could I fix this?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty can be utilized in the repair of eyelid ptosis

The size of the orbits of the human skull can create different volumes for the eyes to fill. If one volume is different that the other asymmetry can occur.  This is not considered ptosis,  Sagging of the eye lid is measured more by the lid margins relation to the pupil.  Asymmetry of the lid margin to the light reflex is another measurement that can be compared as well. Ptosis can be repaired during a your blepharoplasty and is something to consider when having your eyes lifted.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis - yes or no ? #plasticsurgery

Your photo does not demonstrate eyelid ptosis. There are subtle differences in the shape of your upper eyelid folds. Upper eyelid blepharopasty can create a sharper and more defined eyelid crease.

Normal asymmetry vs. ptosis

We all have facial asymmetries, many of which are due to differences in skin folds or variation in the way muscles on one side of our face act. Many people raise one brow slightly higher, which makes the eyelids look different. This is normal and just part of being human. You can chase all these asymmetries with surgery or injections, but you'll never get ahead of them.  

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

There is very little difference between the two eyes.

your eyelids are fine. There is just slight difference between the two upper eyelids. This minimal differences can not be fixed with surgery or anything else. please, don't focus on them and be happy with your looks. your eyes are beautiful. We all are not exactly symmetrical. 

Is this ptosis? How can I fix this?

From the one very limited photograph, there is no ptosis present. There is a mild asymmetry of the  Upper eyelid fold which is within normal limits to do normal facial and eyelid asymmetry. A very conservative  skin only upper blepharoplasty on one side could attempt to match this to the opposite side,  but only if this is really bothersome. Probably best just leave well enough alone.

This is about 1/2 mm of ptosis.

There is also also a slight head tilt.  I do perform surgery on these small differences but I am the only surgeon I am aware of who does so.  The eyelid fold also needs to be adjusted in addition to raising the left upper eyelid. As part of the assessment, it is important to determine if the right upper eyelid will relax if the left upper eyelid is adjusted.  This is done as part of the initial consultation. 

No ptosis

You do not have ptosis and you need no surgery.    Your left pupis-iris complex may be a little less on the left but you do not have ptosis.   My Best,  Dr Commons