Does everyone end up with a flat butt with a butt lift? Also having a lipectomy done at same time. I'm 55 years old.

Buttock lift

Thank you for your question. The answer to your question depends on which procedure is performed.  When a buttock lift is performed in conjunction with auto-augmentation the result is a lifted buttock with enhanced projection.  Your own tissues are utilized, and when liposuction is performed around the neighboring zones, your shape is even further enhanced. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Flat butt after "butt lift"?

Unfortunately yes, a traditional buttock lift from above always results in an elongated flat buttock. The remedy is to have a buttock implant placed either instead of the lift or 6+ months later. I see at least 2 patients a month with the "flat butt" problem after a buttock lift. The only way to guarantee a permanent full projected result is with an implant. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD