Counting hairs/hair loss. Any suggestions?

Having recently grown my hair out longer I have become more aware of the hair that I lose. When I comb/ruffle my hair forward over the sink I can easily lose 15 hairs in one minute and if I repeat this 5 or 6 times then I get the same result. The thing is the hairs which I lose are mostly fairly thick hairs with some thinner. I have some slight temple recession and thin spot at the crown but it has been this way for many years. Could what I am seeing be normal..wouldn't MPB loss be slower?

Suggestions for Hair Loss-Hair Loss Treatment - PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

It's hard to say without a consultation. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in hair loss for a formal consultation. There are many options for hair loss: PRP, Progesterone,  Rogaine, PRP Injections. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Losing hairs

The average person loses 100-150 hairs per day. If you do not have visible balding, then see a doctor who has a diagnostic instrument called HAIRCHECK can give you a definitive diagnosis if you have balding going on that you can not see. I do this test on everyone

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss how much is normal vs abnormal hairloss?

usually losing between 80-100 strands of hair per day is normal. If you feel you are Laing more than the usual amount, it is better to see a hair loss specialist to find the cause and get the proper treatment. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon