Huge visible signs after eyebrow/facelift lift surgery. (photos)

Pictures are one month after eyebrow lift or facelift surgery. Is these visible huge scar lines are going to be ok or its permanent? What options are available to get ride off it? Please advice!

The Appearance of Your Scars

A few points need to be considered when considering the appearance of scars and the scarring/healing process.

Once the second layer of the skin (the Dermis or dermal layer) that is physically located immediately below the visible surface or first layer (Epidermis or epidermal layer) has been violated by any mechanism (e.g. a planned surgical incision, a traumatic laceration, a chemical or thermal burn, etc.), a scar will form and it is permanent. 

Additionally, the appearance of the scar will change over a several month and beyond time period. Because of this, we plastic surgeons typically, but not always, wait for 12 months to transpire from the time of onset of the scarring process because it is at that time that, pretty much, that "what you see is what you are going to get". Physically, at that point, the scar has usually softened and is no longer red. This process is mainly genetically driven (how you were created) and can occur well before and, in some cases, after the 12 month period.

There are other factors that can influence this genetically driven process of scarring and the appearance of scars such as the thickness of the skin with the scar, the amount of tension/stress force that is placed upon the scar as it heals, sun exposure, nutritional and immune status, and the adverse effects of smoking.

In your case, it is too early to make a final determination as to what will be the ultimate appearance of your scar and will you require a scar revision. Time will tell the former (when the scar is white or without any associated pigmentation) and, after that point, an assessment by your surgeon as to is there visible indication for improvement will determine the latter.

Assuming that improvement in the appearance of your scar (I assume that it is, exclusively, your right pre-hairline temporal forehead scar that concerns you at this point) is desired, is indicated, and is deemed a worthwhile endeavor, improvement modalities available to you include scar revision, hair transplants, and scalp micropigmentation.

Hopefully this information is of assistance to you. Do not hesitate to discuss your concerns and questions with your surgeon during your follow up appointments.

Scars

those scars that bother you may benefit from a revision which involves excising the scar and reclosing the skin. Ablative laser surgery may also help soften the scars and improve the appearance. Good Luck! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Scars after facial surgery

The scars you demonstrate may need revision.   They appear somewhat wide and obvious.   I think a revision and correction will narrow these down to a fine line.  My Best,   Dr Commons

Facelift

Thank you for your question. The visible scars should not be permanent because you are early in your healing process. You should remain patient and follow all recovery instructions. I suggest that you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. Getting check-ups after your procedure will help to confirm that everything has gone according to plan and that you are healing properly.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift scars

I would allow them to heal for 6 months or so. If when they heal, they are still visible, there are treatments available that can help.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars after a facelift

Thank you for your question. This scar may need to be revised in the future. Usually you want to let the incisions heal for a few months before any revision is done but it looks wide so it may need revision in the future. Thanks

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery for prominent scar

You have a couple of options. Lasers may decrease the appearance of the scar or you may need revision scar surgery. Schedule an appointment with your surgeon to have it assessed in person and discuss options. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar 

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Visible scars

Hopefully, your scars will settle down with time. I prefer to hide that portion of the scar within the hair so it is not noticeable. Give it time and it should improve

all the best

Surgical scar revision

Hi.  Usually, a wide-spread scar, like the one you have on your forehead, responds best to a surgical scar revision, in which the old scar is excised (removed), and the tissues put back more neatly together.  But it would be best to wait until the scar has a chance to mature a bit more - typically 6+ months after the first surgery.

This would be more effective than lasers, dermapen, or fillers.

Temple lift scars.

It's too soon to plan a scar revision however I think after 4-6 months it should be a consideration for you.  ATB,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD