Is it possible to reduce from JJ to D? I have my pics and pics of potential size. (Photo)

I want to be able to convey to my surgeon exactly what I want and it be clear and concise and hopefully we can meet somewhere near that size with what she is able to do. I just want to be in the single cup size and small. I struggled with pain, dents in shoulders, intrigo, and back pain. My spine is suffering now and I haven't had a good nights sleep in a long time. I just hope that what I want is possible.

Breast Reduction

Hello, thanks for share your pictures and case with us. You are an excelent candidate to make a breast reduction. Its posible to get what you want and what you need. have a nice day!

Breast reduction

It is ok to bring in photos to give your surgeon an idea of what size you want, but you have to understand that matching the exact cup size may not be achievable.  

Communicating goals prior to breast reduction surgery...

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  Based on your photographs, I think that your goals are realistic;  keep in mind, that goal photographs without clothing are even more helpful.

Generally speaking,  before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon (who you should choose very carefully). Most patients wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful.  For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

Breast reduction size

Cup size is variable depending on the bra manufacturer so it can never be guaranteed. If you are having a breast reduction for symptom relief, the more tissues removed,  the more symptom relief you will have, but there are limits to how small you can go and still keep the blood supply to the tissues that allows healing. The pictures you show are of patients with implants, so although the size may be possible, the shape may not. Discuss your goals with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast reduction possible

Based on your photos I expect you will be able to achieve your goals. Look for a board certified surgeon that has experience in aesthetic reductions. I have attached a Web reference that will show you what some of our patient have been able to achieve. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breas Reduction when Overweight

Correcting your symptoms is a 2 person endeavor. A surgeon can help, but that will not completely correct your symptoms. The first thing you need to do, from the pictures you presented, is lose a significant amount of weight. Once you have done they, a surgeon has a chance of receiving the rest of your symptoms. This may also change what you wish to accomplish. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon