I need to address the bags and wrinkles/lines under my eyes, especially when I smile. What procedures do you recommend? (Photo)

I've been diagnosed with suborbital fat hernia. I'd like to go with the least aggressive options but also want the results to be recognizable (bags gone with relaxed expression, significantly less prominent with smile) and last several + years.

Bags under the eyes.

Thank you for your question and photos. What would benefit you most likely is lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition or fat grafting. Also you may benefit from botox to the crow's feet area. Filler alone won't make a big difference for you. good luck

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Help for Suborbital Fat Hernia--fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve this area. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. likely you will need a combination of surgical and non surgical for best outcome. Best, Dr. Emer.

Under eye area

Since you mentioned that you are looking for a complete treatment with lasting results, then you should consider a lower lid blepharoplasty.  This surgery will address the under eye area, leaving you with a smoother more youthful appearance.  Botox can be used as a temporary improvement for the crow's feet area of the eyes.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Lower blepharoplasty

There is no option better than a lower eyelid blepharoplasty. It will address excess fat and skin as well. 

Other non invasive treatments cannot achieve enough result.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Less invasive would be Neuro-modulators and fillers, but real treatment is surgery.

you really need to have surgery to correct over acting orbicularis muscle and herniated orbital fats. but to temporary fix the issue, you can try the Botox, Dysport and fillers and see if that makes you happy with the result. the best treatment is surgery.