Any suggestions for droopy/sleepy looking eyes? (photos)

Why are my eyelids droopy again only two years after a Ptosis repair? Could there be a medical problem?

Any suggestions for droopy/sleepy looking eyes?

Thank you for your question. This is a common problem addressed by Oculoplastic Surgeons. Make an appointment for  evaluation and discussion of possible options.

Good luck

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Drooping of the #eyelids after repair

Drooping of the #eyelids after repair
You have a high crease and hollowing along with drooping.  you may need this repair done again and maybe fat grafting below the upper bone to fill the hollow

There are medical conditions that cause ptosis.

Variability is associated with ptosis associated caused by neurologic conditions.  Generally there are other symptoms as well.  As a practical suggestion, consider speaking to your primary medical doctor concerning this question.  They can set up the appropriate consultations to rule this out.  Ptosis is caused by weakness in the tendon or muscle the that raises the eyelid.  Reoccurrence of ptosis is common and is no reflection on the work of your prior surgeon.  Once you and your primary care physician are satisfied that the ptosis is not related to a medical condition, it is appropriate to consider revisional ptosis surgery.  

Ptosis and deep sulcus

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. Your eyelid is droopy (ptotic) and you have fat atrophy (deep sulcus). If your eyelid is elevated by surgery, the area of atrophy will look slightly less apparent. Chronic use of contacts could cause the eyelid to drop as could some medical conditions. See an Oculoplastic Surgeon for comprehensive evaluation. Good luck.

Droopy/Sleep Eyes

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  It does look like you have ptosis in the picture.  Are you sure that you previously had a ptosis repair?  You have a very high eyelid crease and it looks like the fat has been sculpted; usually a sign of blepharoplasty.  Schedule a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon to take formal measurements of your eyelids before considering any other procedures.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelids

From a single photo and a two line question, there is much more to know before a legitimate answer can be given. Are you're eyes droopy all the time or as the day progresses? Did you have these results immediately following the initial surgery or did they gradually get droopy again? It would be best for you to either return to your original surgeon or seek out an oculoplastic surgeon to obtain a second opininion. Good Luck

Robert J. Smyth, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis Droopy Eyelids 2 years Post Surgery

JVDesignworks Hello Neighbor!  Thank you for your question and photograph.  A comprehensive examination and history are necessary to diagnose your cause of ptosis and to plan your best course of treatment.  Your eyelid needs to be observed in motion as well which is impossible by a picture.  From the picture alone, it appears that the levator aponeurosis ( responsible for lifting your eyelid) has recessed ( fallen back).  You also appear to have a loss of fatty tissue in the upper eyelid.  AS an American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Fellowship trained physician this is my specialty and I invite you to come in for an evaluation. Please call Vision Institute of Michigan 5862541770   I look forward to meeting you.  Thanks Dr B

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eye

Thank you for your question.  From the photo it does appear that your eyelid is sitting lower than it should. I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon who performs ptosis repair and have them examine you.  

Aaron D. Smith, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon