Cellfina then thigh lift or thigh lift first then Cellfina?

Many years ago I got liposuction on my thighs, now my thighs are terrible, sagging thighs, hanging skin.... Also I have terrible cellulite on my butt and thighs( the thigh area has bad cellulite in the front of the thigh, sides and back).. I need a thigh lift and Cellfina.. Which one should come first to get the best results????

Cellfina and Thigh lift

If you have lax skin, it is best to have this addressed prior to treating your cellulite. 

Depending how severe your laxity is will determine your treatment options.

Mild laxity may be addressed with non-invasive treatments such as Exilis using radiofrequency to tighten skin and to treat superficial cellulite.

Moderate laxity may be treated with minimally invasive treatments, such as BodyTite.

Severe laxity is best addressed surgically, however you must be aware of the scar that will be placed.  You may be treated with a non-invasive device, but you need to be informed that these non-invasive treatments have a tightening limit and will never reach the same tightening that a surgical procedure can accomplish.

After your skin is tightened you can address your cellulite dimpling with Cellfina.

Chicago Dermatologist

Get the most from your initial procedure

Without seeing photos I can only guess how loose your thighs are. Thigh lift scars will leave very long permanent scars so you need to be sure that this is worth the trade-off. In other words, you have to be really saggy to commit to this operation (in my opinion as a woman). On the other hand, Cellfina is great to reduce dimpling on the buttocks and the back of the thighs - but WILL NOT tighten the skin. You should have a complete careful evaluation with an open discussion of the best choices for you as sometimes these choices are not simple.

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Lift the thighs, re-evaluate, and let Cellfina be the icing on the cake!

Hello!

If you have a thigh lift first, you're going to see things very differently than they appear currently.  I'd give your body the time it needs to heal and then re-visit the treatment Cellfina. It's a wonderful treatment for the right patient and if you're a good candidate the treatment is done in the office, every dimple treated is individually selected, marked, and treated, and both you and your provider will have the best assessment after the thigh lift to ensure you see the most beautiful outcome expected.  Doing this in reverse order is always an option, yes, or Cellfina alone is an option. But if you're committed to a thigh lift procedure, I'd choose the Cellfina as the final touches to your treatment plan.  I am excited for you and wish you the best!

Jenn Harrington, MD

Cellfina and a thigh lift

A thigh lift is a surgical procedure with a significant recovery.  The Cellfina procedure is done in the office unless than an hour under local anesthesia.  Might try the Cellfina first to evaluate results.

Cellfina and surgery

Cellfina and surgeryI would consider the surgery first to tighten the skin. Also consider other non surgical treatments such as velashape3 or similar to help

Thigh Lift and Cellfina with improve skin laxity and cellulite

Hello and thank-you for your question.I would recommend having a thigh lift as the first procedure.  You will notice a significant improvement in the cellulite with the improvement of skin laxity provided by the thigh lift.  You can have Cellfina  as a secondary procedure to improve any residual cellulite.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.Best regards,Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Considering Cellfina

It is probably best to undergo the thigh lift first followed by Cellfina. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in body lifts as well as Cellfina for a complete evaluation as well as discussion of options.

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for Celfina treatment

Cellfina and Skin on Thigh -- Cellulite Treatment

it is best to do your lift and then consider the improvement with cellulite, which often is gone after the lift.  Liposuction should be performed with the lift, and then consider cellfina after.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellfina vs. Thighlift

Thank you for your question. I would recommend a thigh lift first if your main concern is loose and sagging skin. A thigh lift will address both of those issues. After you heal from the thigh lift approximately 6 months post op then proceed with the Cellfina for your cellulite. This has given our patients the best results for cellulite. Good luck.