The different types of lower face lifts? (photo)

I am thinking of a lower face lift I'm 46 and theres not much sagging but on certain photos or at certain angels I can see the sagging and I hate it - my family say they cant see it and I understand that as its minimal but want to know what the best options would be for me - the photo isn't a great one to show the sagging but the only one I want to share

Facial rejuvenation with face and neck lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It would be very difficult to give you good advice based on this photo. Facial rejuvenation in your age offers many options including face/neck surgery. You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial rejuvenation surgery and discuss your options. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Lower Facelift Under Local Anaesthetic

Thank you for your question and picture.  Yes, I agree that your skin losing elasticity is there, but minimal, however I can understand it bothers you and I have women especially coming to me at your age voicing the same concerns.  I typically suggest a lower facelift under local anaesthetic, I have pioneered my Concept Facelift which is performed under local, with no bandages, drain and hospital stay, but with lasting results, giving patients a fresher, more youthful appearance.  This people is not as invasive as a traditional facelift method therefore recovery time is much shorter (approximately 7 days) therefore being able to return to your daily routine without too many questions from family and friends.  

If you wanted to go down the non surgical route, then botox, chemical peels and fillers (if performed successful and correctly) can create a youthful appearance.  Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  All The Best 

Determining the Facial Procedures Best For You

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. It is possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result. The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one #consultation. I invite you to visit PacificCenterPlasticSurgery.com to view a complete list of surgeries commonly performed. 

If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives. It is extremely important to seek a board certified plastic surgeon highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients. Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Early facial sagging

This is becoming more of a common concern.  That is, early sagging of the jowls and/or neck in certain positions but otherwise minimal aging changes.  There are many options, and I would definately discuss with a board certified plastic surgeon who is conversant not only in surgical options but non surgical as well.  Understand that it is difficult to advise you based on the limited views and one picture and no exam or history, but I will say this, Ilike a combination of mini lifts and non surgical adjuncts.  These may include radiotherapy or ultherapy for the neck, Fraxel laser, fillers, fat injections, and skin care.  Find a good plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

The different types of lower face lifts?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  From the current photos, I suspect that your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is a slight amount of excess fat in front of the cheeks (this is pulled upward onto the cheeks with smiling) and jowls do appear to be are present.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Spot liposuction would be combined to further shape the cheeks and face.

"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

The best recommendations would come during an in-office examination and review of your medical history and discussion of your goals.  For modest laxity non-surgical measures like Ultherapy and Botox can be effective options for the neck.  Surgical procedures can range from mini-lifts or a more corrective lower face/necklift depending on the degree of laxity and you overall aesthetic goals.

The attached link provides more information.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Possible lower facelift

It is a bit difficult to fully evaluate you for a possible lower face lift with only the photo you provided.  You may not be a good surgical candidate yet, and if so, there are some non-surgical options.  There are several radio frequency devices that could help such as Fractora RF or FaceTite.  Ultherapy is another option that uses ultrasound and it can provide some subtle improvement.  If surgery is an option, it is possible to focus the improvement to the lower face.     

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon