Travelling alone on day of surgery?

Hello, I am planning to travel alone for my breast augmentation. It's a 90mins train ride and a 10 min cab journey. My surgery is planned with Dr Mahadev at Harley Medicial in Preston. I am having over the muscle 350cc mentor silicone implants, so it won't be as traumatic as under the muscle. Does anyone see any major problens with these commute home on day one?

Traveling Alone Post Op

I do not recommend traveling alone the day of your surgery.  It’s fine for you to take the train/cab on your way to the surgery center, but I would strongly urge you to have a friend or neighbor drive you home.  I always make sure my patients have a ride home following surgery, as well as someone to help them around the home the first 24 hours.  It is safest to have someone stay with you after you undergo any type of anesthesia.

Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Traveling home alone after getting breast implants

It's always best to check with your surgeon about his or her protocol. I always advise my patients that they need to have someone escort them home because of the side effects of their anesthesia. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgeon Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Good luck.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon