Any suggestions for under my eyes? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Lower lid Bags
Fullness in the lower eyelid region
A second facial issue I noticed in your photo involves the jawline bulges. This can be due to teeth grinding at night and can be treated with Botox to relax the muscle and improve the facial profile.
I hope this was helpful.
Lou - thank you for your pictures. There are two ways of addressing this. The definitive, corrective measure is via surgery. This would help get rid of the "bags" under the eyes and improve the contour onto your cheek. However, you can also see improvement with appropriate filler to camouflage the contour and get you a natural lid/cheek junction. I find it best to go slowly as that area is particularly thin and apt to get swelling as well as show through. Regardless, your surgeon should be able to guide you and discuss which option is best for you depending on what you are looking to achieve. Every procedure has limitations, and knowing what you expect is the best way for us to help guide you. Best of luck!
You might also like...
Lower lid bags - what to do?
- Your photo suggests you need cosmetic plastic surgery to remove excess fat under your eyes.
- You look quite young so this is probably an inherited condition, not from aging.
- The surgery can often be done with an invisible incision inside the lower lid.
- Healing takes about a week although vigorous exercise is usually put off for 3 weeks or so.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.