Any suggestions for under my eyes? (Photos)

Please ignore how rough I look!

Lower lid Bags

Thank you for your question and photos.  After reviewing your pictures I would suggest either filler to improve the contour of the lower eyelids or a trans-conjuctival blepharopalsty.  Either of these would give you a natural look and improve the appearance of your lower lids.  I would suggest a complete examination with an oculplastic surgeon to discuss your treatment goals.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fullness in the lower eyelid region

Dear Patient from Great Britain,It seems like you have an inherited form of fullness in the lower eyelid region.This can present at an early age and cause others to see as tired or sick.Best option would be to seek a specialist in your area in Eyelid Surgery to help you with this condition.Surgery to remove or transpose the fat in this region would be your best option.
A second facial issue I noticed in your photo involves the jawline bulges. This can be due to teeth grinding at night and can be treated with Botox to relax the muscle and improve the facial profile.
I hope this was helpful. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eyes

Lou - thank you for your pictures.  There are two ways of addressing this.  The definitive, corrective measure is via surgery.  This would help get rid of the "bags" under the eyes and improve the contour onto your cheek.  However, you can also see improvement with appropriate filler to camouflage the contour and get you a natural lid/cheek junction.  I find it best to go slowly as that area is particularly thin and apt to get swelling as well as show through.  Regardless, your surgeon should be able to guide you and discuss which option is best for you depending on what you are looking to achieve.  Every procedure has limitations, and knowing what you expect is the best way for us to help guide you.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid bags - what to do?

Thank you for asking about your lower lid bags.
  • Your photo suggests you need cosmetic plastic surgery to remove excess fat under your eyes.
  • You look quite young so this is probably an inherited condition, not from aging.
  • The surgery can often be done with an invisible incision inside the lower lid.
  • Healing takes about a week although vigorous exercise is usually put off for 3 weeks or so.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS