Help with getting rid of love handles. (photos)

For the past 3 years I've been trying to lose weight to get rid of these love handles that are situated towards my back. I went from 15 stone (210 pounds) to 11 (155 pounds) but they're still there. If I lose anymore weight my BMI will go under 20 and I don't want to be underweight. Anything I can do surgically to rectify this?

Male love handles

congrats on the weight loss! and i understand exactly your frustration. the fat in that area is termed 'diet resistant" and certainly very difficult to lose.that area is the usual area for guys to have the issues you are describing. you appear to be young, so  two options are available: 1) surgery, ie liposuction..and 2) non-invasive.ie non-surgical, such as CoolSculpting. 

liposuction is an operation with results that are fairly immediate but with the risks inherent is any surgery as well as the risks specific to liposuction (ex un-eveness, over/ under correction, etc) 

results from the non invasive treatments are slower to see, less dramatic and often need several treatments. the benefits are essentially no down time , take less than an hour per area and complications are minimal. the best candidates are people who have tight, or rather, non-loose skin.

in my practice, i perform both procedures with very satisfied patients in both camps. however there has been a significant shift towards the non invasive treatments. 

you would be a candidate for either choice.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

I would recommend liposuction of your flanks it will remove the love handles and give you better contour.

Liposuction for contouring of the flanks and hips

Thank you for your question. From your photos, it appears that you may be an excellent candidate for liposuction of your flanks and/or hips. Liposuction is an ideal procedure for targeting specific contouring issues such as yours, and may help you to achieve the aesthetic results you are looking for. Please be certain to schedule your consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Getting rid of love handles

The most advisable procedure for you to get rid of your love handles is liposuction. This would remove the excess fats that should give you a better body contour.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I  specialize in Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Well done on the weightloss

The only way a surgeon can help you is by liposuction

This is targeting the love handles

best of luck, 

Barbara

Liposuction is the answer

I do a lot of liposuction to the love handles, or as we refer to it, flanks. Men sometimes ask for lipo to the love handles as an isolated procedure, but it is also often only part of the picture. A 360 degree approach often yields the best results in the flanks.

The traditional design for lipo to the love handles is based on eliminating the appearance of the love handle but you might also want to incorporate the area above the buttocks into the normal area of lipo to the lvoe handle to work on the entire waste/upper buttock/love handle area.

Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in helping patients who have lost weight finalize their goals. Congratulations and best wishes!

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Reduce my love handles!

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Liposuction of the flanks will get rid of the 'love handle' fat. Congratulations on your weight loss - I agree completely that you shouldn't be thinner! Let surgery do the rest for you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction for love handles

Congratulations on your weight loss! Based on your photos and description, you are an excellent candidate for liposuction of the flanks. Liposuction specifically targets areas that are resistant to diet and exercise, so it is ideal for a case such as yours. I would recommend you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure. Good luck!

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for liposuction of your flanks.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD