Recovery period - How soon can I get back into work at the office following liposuction?

Liposuction to the stomach, lower back, upper back (flanks), buttocks, inner thighs, outer thighs and sculpting also to the waist.

Thank you for your question, After the liposculpture operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will have stiches and bandages on the inner parts of your extremities which will be removed after the 10th day. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Recovery period after liposuction varies from person to person.

Saying precisely how long you should expect to be home from work isn’t possible without examining you and knowing how extensive your procedure will be. If you’re in good health and there are no complications with your surgery, you should expect to return to work within a week provided your job doesn’t involve any sort of physical labor. I would advise you not to rush yourself and don’t return to work until you feel up to it. You will be sore and swollen for a while after surgery and pushing yourself too hard too soon could aggravate swelling and prevent proper healing. Talk to your plastic surgeon, who is the best person to advise when you can return to work after your procedure.

How soon you can return to work depends on several factors.

You note that you work in an office, so if your job is fairly sedentary and doesn’t require much moving around, you may be able to return within 2 to 3 days. However, it’s important to keep in mind that each person heals at their own pace and has a different pain tolerance. Your recovery is as important as your procedure, and you don’t want to rush back into anything too soon. Be sure to wear your compression garment(s) and follow your plastic surgeon’s recommendations for recovery. Best of luck to you.

Liposuction - how soon to get back to the office

Thank you for asking about your liposuction recovery.
  • You are having a lot of liposuction -
  • Your surgeon is the one to tell you how long to take off work -
  • It depends on your commute, your health and your job as well as your surgery.
  • It is likely to be at least a week.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I appreciate your question.
I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for their patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Thanks for your question.It depends on how well you recover and whether you job involves a lot of moving, travelling, lifting etc.If you job is a 'desk based job' you can be back at work 1-2 days after. My patients say '  It feels like I have had an extra heavy work out in the gym". The key is to wear the compression garment which adds an extra layer of support and comfort.All the best

Liposuction recovery

Hi there Mariya,
There is no standard response to your question. Everyone recovers differently and has different pain thresholds. Also it depends on how physically demanding your work is.
What I can tell you is that you could probably go to work within a day or so and not do anything that would compromise your result. 
The rest is up to you. It is likely that you will feel sore and tired for at least a week and maybe up to two but that may not stop you from going to work.

All the best for your surgery
Kind regards