Where is the best place in the UK to have labiaplasty?

Like every other female on this page, for years I have been depressed about my bodily appearance and as I get older, this emotion is only becoming worse. Since I have not told anyone about this issue of mine, I am having to 'do it alone' (oh how dramatic of me) and consequently would like some guidance of where in the UK is best equipped for this sort of procedure.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Labiaplasty UK Clinics

Hi and thank you for your question. I am sorry you are feeling this way. Labiaplasty is a very common procedure yet only a handful of UK Clinics perform this procedure. I do this treatment via local anaesthetic and the patient can go home the same day. Labia reduction surgery involves removing the excess tissue to keep the size and shape symmetrical. Scars are well hidden with the natural folds of the skin. The result is more defined and neat, The procedure  only takes roughly 60 - 90 minutes to complete and you will feel much more comfortable afterwards and hopefully more confident. Recovery is also very quick and the downtime is usually about a week. You may have some swelling and have a little bit of discomfort. Our aftercare lines are open 24/7 and we encourage you to come for follow up appointments. Please ensure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck for the future. 

Quest for Aesthetics? or Function?

Dear GoldenTanks

I suggest you first determine what you goal is for your surgery.  Is it purely aesthetics or purely functional or a combo of the two.  I have seen more than 1500 labia patients in my career and have many patients tell me I want this to be perfect and other say " i don't care " they bother me and I am tired of having things hanging or protruding.   If you only want a functional result I am sure you can find someone in the UK.   If you are looking for both functional and aesthetic results you may want to even search outside of the UK.  
Why?  from my experience the UK does not have a plethora of skilled cosmetic vaginal surgeons because of your laws and backlash of the special interest groups and your government.  In fact when the most influential urogynecologist in Europe, Linda Cordoza of the UK, recently wrote her recent textbook with urologist  David Staskin MD (previously of University of Pennsylvania, Cornell, Harvard and Tufts University) they contacted my partner and I write the chapters on cosmetic vaginal surgery.  
The technique utilized for surgery ( linear vs de epithelialization vs wedge resection) are only as good as the surgeons performing the surgery.  In the past 7 days on this website i have seen two botched wedge resections and 2 botch linear resections. I my office in the last one week i saw  a botched wedge resection from Atlanta and one from Miami,  The surgery as only as good as the surgeon performing the  procedure.
Choose your surgeon wisely because sometimes you may regret your decision and you can end up worse than you are today.
John R Miklos MD

Urogyencologist   ~ Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Where to have a labiaplasty?

If you want to have an expertly done labiaplasty, look for a labiaplasty expert. They might be a gynecologist, a urologist, a urogynecologist, or even a plastic surgeon. One thing is certain: they didn't learn to do labiaplasties in their residency programs and they weren't required to know anything about labiaplasty to become board certified in any of these specialties. Don't waste your time looking for anything but a surgeon with a large experience doing labiaplasty.

Do your research the best you can and avoid the trim!

Most doctors just do the trim method, and I've seen more bad results from trims than any other result anywhere. I would try to search long and hard for a doc who does the extended wedge. It is a more elegant procedure with a quicker recovery, less scarring, less pain, more natural result. Etc etc. Be very selective and do a search for reviews/photos/videos. You may need to travel. It will be worth it.

How to choose a labiaplasty surgeon in the UK?

As you search for a labiaplasty surgeon, consider traveling abroad. Not everyone who does labiaplasty is sufficiently trained or does it well. In the United States in Canada, look for a board-certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist with a specific interest in female genital plastic surgery, and look at their before-and-after photos of labiaplasty. A badly done labiaplasty can result in over-resection of tissue, which may need reconstructive surgery to alleviate symptoms.For more information on how to choose a surgeon and how to prepare for a consultation, click on the link below.All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty Surgeon

It’s important to find a plastic surgeon who is board certified and fully accredited with many years of experience performing labiaplasty procedures. You should also be looking at before & after photos you like and that are in line with your expectations. Always do your research and go with a surgeon that will help you to realistically achieve your goals.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to seek a consultation. Though I can not recommend anyone specifically in GB, I am attaching a link to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website that will allow you to search for surgeons in your area.  Use this list to then research the physicians regarding their labiaplasty practices.  Hope this helps.