Nose still looks very crooked 2 weeks post op, just swelling? (photos)

Hi, I had a closed septo rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago to fix a deviated septum using osterootherapy , to make the nose look abit thinner and also to move the tip slightly up, as it was pointing down.My nose still looks very crooked, I'm worried it isn't just swelling. I was told 1 week post op when my cast came off that it is normal for my nose to appear crooked but it's actually getting a lot worse. I have attached a frontal photo I had pre op and also 4 pictures I took today. Thanks for any replies

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

You are still quite early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nose still looks very crooked 2 weeks post op, just swelling?

Hello Sam,

Two weeks is definitely still to soon to see the final results.  Be sure to communicate with your surgeon your concerns so they can help ease your anxiety.  We always tell patients it can take up to a year for the complete healing.

Best of Luck!

Shumway Cosmetic Surgery

La Jolla, CA.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD