This is my newly tattooed tattoo which I've been told I have to wait 6 weeks then I can get it Lasered off. (photo)

Its just bellow my shoulder upper arm and I would like to know roughly how many sessions its going to take to have it fully Lasered off thanks.

Tattoo removal

I suggest waiting at least 6 weeks from the time the tattoo was placed before undergoing laser tattoo removal treatments. It generally takes between 6 to 8 sessions, it could be more or less depending on several factors. Many factors are involved when it comes to number of sessions needed for a particular tattoo to be removed. Some things to consider: black is easier to remove than color, smaller tattoos will do better than larger, older tattoos respond better than newer tattoos, non-smokers have better results than smokers, and the rate at which your body can break down and pass the ink can vary based on your own cell turnover rate. Because these variations exist, my best suggestion is that you see a reputable board certified plastic surgeon or medical professional for a full in-person consultation. Best of luck.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

You can do removal starting anytime.  I suggest you see an expert this will take a number of treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tattoo removal question

Tattoo removal can begin as soon as the skin has healed from tattoo placement. A fresh and professionally done tattoo has a high density of ink particles and will likely take 8 or more laser sessions to remove. You will need more than just a Q switch Nd:yah in order to get the bright colors out.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician