The mole on my neck has a black dot within it. Is this normal? (Photo)

I have one raised mole on the front of my neck. I want to get it removed for cosmetic reasons. I've never had any itching or irritation from the mole. I have no other moles on my body.

Mole with a black dot

Thanks for your question and pictures.  It is difficult to say if that mole appears normal from just photographs you provided.  Removing moles for cosmetic reasons is a very common procedure that plastic surgeons perform.  I always recommend sending all moles to be read by a pathologist to make sure that we don't miss something that needs further attention.  The cost is minimal, but the benefits can be huge.  Best of luck!

Long Beach Physician