I am just wondering how long does it take for the filler to set? (photo)

Hello I had 0.55ml juvederm in my top lip on Saturday and its been 3/4 days and I am panicing about touching my lip and moving it as I don't want to effect the shape. What should I avoid after having fillers? Thanks

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

It can take 2 weeks for swelling to subside, so you may not be seeing your final result. No special precautions at this point -- OK to go about normal activities.

Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm

Thank you for your question in regards to Juvederm. Three days after injections you should not be worried about manipulating the result of your lips. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Post lip injection care

After 2 days, there are no special precautions that need to be taken.

Dr H Karamanoukian

Filler injections and movement after injections

I would not be worried about movement now since it has been three days since the injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Filler mobility

The most important determinant of filler mobility is the plane in which it is placed. In your lips it is going to be relatively immobile without purposeful, forceful action in an attempt to move it.  Even then, there is a brief period of time after placement where it is even remotely mobile. 

To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.

Cameron Chesnut
#realself500 Physician

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Worried about moving filler in lips

There should be no concern about moving the filler around. It will stay put regardless of what you do. It is hard to move filler once it's been place.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

I am just wondering how long does it take for the filler to set?

At this point you should be ok.  I tell my patients to be careful for two to three days and avoid pressing on your lips. After that, Juvederm tends to hold very nicely in the lips.  Enjoy!