I have a really wonky face can it be fixed? (photos)

See pictures. 20+ years of thumbsucking completely mishaped my nose, almost closing one nostril but in photographs I have also started really noticing that the left side of my face looks as though it has drooped and is lower than the right side. It's been a decade since the thumbsucking but my nose is clearly set in its current position which causes me problems with blockages and sinus headaches throughout the cooler months. What would be the best course of action for both nose and droopiness.

Doctor Answers 2

Twisted nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First, your face isn't "wonky" you are lovely!But there are things a facial plastic surgeon can do to make improvements regarding the things you mentioned.  A rhinoplasty and septoplasty can help to straighten the tip of your nose and likely open up the inside to help you breathe better as well.  The two sides of the face form like siblings, not twins, so everyone has one side that is slightly larger, lower or different.  However, some people have drooping of the eyelid on one or both sides, or slight differences in the muscles that move the mouth.The best place thing to do is go to a facial plastic surgeon so she can see your nose and face from all angles and how it changes as you speak and move.  You can discuss what you don't like and what changes are possible.

Best of luck

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Can my face be fixed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your questions.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced Rhinoplasty surgery who can explore the possibilities with you.  Best of luck to you!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 112 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.